Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invalid node ID specified

Hi,
    started to tinker with vBulletin Cloud and broke it :/ I created several pages Site Builder, but if I now want to access the pages overview in Site Builder I get the error message "invalid node ID specified". When dismissing the message the page manager seems empty. It doesn't matter on which page I try to access the page manager.
    All pages look fine though, I don't "miss" any content (there is not much on there anyway). The screenshot shows the page manager just before the error message pops up.
    Trying to find the answer in the documentation, this board or googling wasn't sucessful so I hope you can help me.
    What data would you need for that? Using vBulletin Cloud 5.6.0.
    Thanks!

This is cause by orphaned pages. I will resolve it on your site in just a few minutes. First, I need to clone the database for the developers. A fixed site doesn't allow us to fix the underlying issue.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

This should be resolved on your site now.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thank you for the quick reply! Sadly, the error persists. I cleared caches. How did I do that? In order to prevent this from happening again?

Comment

Now it works again, thank you! How can I prevent this from happening again?

Comment

Unfortunately, we have found the issue difficult to duplicate so we don't know why the database gets into its damaged state. This prevents creating tests to prevent it in the future.

We know it is caused by having Orphaned Page Routes in the database. The issue doesn't occur for Super Administrators. Since Cloud users do not have access to the Super Administrator user, the issue is exacerbated for them. We have some fixes coming in 5.6.1 that will hopefully alleviate the intermediate issue and allow the Page Manager to show for other Administrators when this occurs.

Wayne Luke

Comment