PM info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM info

Is there a way to stop a usergroup from using the PM system until they have X number of posts? We are having a problem of a new member joining and PM'ing the membership scams. This morning I had a new sign up and they sent out 23 PM scams. (no posts were made)This same person did it on 3 other occasions using different IP's and Emails to sign up with

Probably the easiest way would be to create a new Usergroup for Trusted Members and promote new users to that group after X number of posts.

Comment

Yes.... Set the PM Quota to zero on the group you want to restrict (i.e. Registered Users). Then use a Usergroup Promotion to move them to a new group with a higher quota after they reach XXX number of posts.

Similar to this article only you would restrict private messages, not posts.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thank you fellas

Comment

I tried to use the mass move tool, instead of waiting for the system to do it. I kept getting a fill out form warning? They all populated and were checked. Can't get it to work so I guess I'll wait

Comment

It is a bug currently. Well it appears to be a long term bug but changes in 5.5.6 have caused it to surface.

See: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19986

Wayne Luke

Comment

• Carrfixr
              Carrfixr commented
              Editing a comment
              AAH thanks I voted.

:::::::
            Last edited by Carrfixr; Thu 13th Feb '20, 2:42pm.

Comment

Disregard I figured it out

Thanks
              Last edited by Carrfixr; Thu 13th Feb '20, 4:05pm.

Comment

How long does it take for approx 250 promotions to propagate?

I know now there is a bug on the mass move but it still works with smaller amounts. How can I single out and bring up any users using that tool with 4 or more posts?

Comment

I have no idea. As stated in the Article, if you want it to promote faster on Cloud, open a ticket and ask someone to run the Scheduled Tasks for you.

Wayne Luke

Comment

• Carrfixr
                    Carrfixr commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ticket submitted

They did the scheduled tasks update but it did not move squat to the new usergroup. I ended up doing the last 250 or so one by one. The system seems to be moving them on its own but it's painfully slow
                  Last edited by Carrfixr; Fri 14th Feb '20, 8:06pm.

Comment

• Carrfixr
                    Carrfixr commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was able to use the mass move tool for the remainder. Now i'm hoping the promotion part of this works correctly on its own. I have it set for 4 posts
                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X