Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I make my vBulletin forum so only registered uses can see the content?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I make my vBulletin forum so only registered uses can see the content?

How do I make my vBulletin forum so only registered uses can see the content? I purchased your hosted solution. Right now an unregistered user can look around and read the posts in the topics. Wish to hide all of the content unless registered (paid Subscription). Thank you for your help.

You can control who can view the different channels in the AdminCP under Channel Management -> Channel Permissions. For example to prevent guests from viewing the "Forums" channel and all of its children, click on the edit link next to Guests, and change the "Can View Channel" permission to No. You can edit individual channels to allow guests to view some channels but not others.

You can edit who can view individual modules by editing the module in Site Builder. Click "Edit Page" when viewing the page the module is on. Click on the edit icon (pencil icon) for the module. Set the permissions option to "Show to Specific Usergroups" and check the groups that you want to view the module.

You can edit who can view navigation links by editing the either the Navigation Bar or Footer in Site Builder. Then click on the edit icon (pencil icon) for the link. Edit the permissions in the dialog box and check the boxes that you want to view the link.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment