Message center issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message center issue

I have a user that gets a message that he doesn’t have permission to view the message center but it’s only the notification window circled below. He said he can access his PM box and send/receive PMs.

He reported this issue before the last upgrade. After the upgrade he said it was back to normal so I didn’t look into it. He reported the issue is back today. I don’t see any permission issues with his account and it was working fine before. No other users have reported this to me.

Any help is appreciated!
    Thank you!

Is the user a moderator? This error usually means something was reported or moderated that they don't have access to. Clearing out the Flag and Moderation queue as the main administrator can restore their access. There is a bug report in the tracker to fix this. I don't have an ETA on when it will get fixed though.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Wayne Luke Thanks!

Yes he is a moderator. I’ll look at that closer and await the bug fix. Thank you!

Comment

The user reported back to me that he continues to have the same issue but also suddenly lost access to the message center. He can’t PM anyone unless he finds a user in the members list and clicks on them. He also said he can’t see any old PMs.

I removed all moderator permissions from him and ran update tool. No change. He said he is still having the issue. It’s user “Harold” id 15522

Thanks!
        Last edited by jameskl; Mon 3 Feb '20, 6:46pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X