Customizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customizing

Currently, we are using vBulletin Cloud. As I poke and prod around, I see posts on customizing (using HTML, and, maybe BBCode) aspects of vBulletin. I'm assuming that since we're using the Cloud, we can't customize the site. Is this correct? If not, any pointers on starting?

Thank you.

On vBulletin Cloud you can:
    • You can use CSS to customize the layout of your site.
      • This includes uploading images via the vBCloud File Manager in the AdminCP.
    • You can use Style Variables to alter the look, colors, and fonts of your site
    • You can use text only custom templates to display HTML at predetermined template hook locations.
    • You can use Ad and HTML modules to display data on pages.
    • You can upload custom smilies via the Admin.
    On vBulletin Cloud you cannot:
    • Edit the default templates.
    • Use vBulletin Markup Language (i.e. <vb: if> statements)
    • Use third-party PHP extensions and packages.
    • Use the PHP Module.

What exactly are you trying to do?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks Wayne ... This question has been in the back of my mind for quite a while, but what brought it up, was on a Sticky. We keep the topic "closed" which is what we want. But, just to keep the view clean, we wanted to remove the word "Closed."

As well, when reading a post, the lines, "This topic is closed." & "This is a sticky topic." hiding those lines?

Update: I'm going through StyleVars and trying to match background colors to what I see on our vBulletin site, with some success. I figure that if I can't remove elements, I can hide them by making the font and background color the same color as the background. For instance, hide the text and background color of the items shown in the attachment. (I haven't had success in finding the element name by searching on "background.")

Also, is there a good help page and/or tutorial on using what we can do?

Thank you very much.

Rich
      Attached Files
      Last edited by BikeRider2019; Wed 22nd Jan '20, 7:43am.

Comment

If you right-click on the element using a modern browser, you should get a menu that allows you to inspect the element. This will show its CSS classes. You can assign the attribute display:none to the CSS class in order to remove it from human view.

i.e. .somecssclass {display:none}
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment