Site Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Down

Is there a reason why my site has been turned off? I checked others and those are on

Most likely to convert it to UTF8MB4 as you requested. This cannot be done while the site is live.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Oh
      How long does that take? No prior warning?

Comment

Your site should be online now. I'll talk to the Cloud team about warning before taking a site offline.

Wayne Luke

Comment

My Ipad has colored emojis with the smiley face on the editor. Chrome desktop has a search glass on the editor and the emojis are mostly missing and not in color. (blue and white)

The font for the forum titles has changed

Chrome desktop

Click image for larger version  Name:	E7DB229D-EA9F-4FDE-BE4C-0F2FEB4E010F.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	623.0 KB ID:	4432082Click image for larger version  Name:	34BCE8D2-8DC1-46D8-B600-B6F18C89E2A7.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	766.9 KB ID:	4432083

Ipad

Click image for larger version

Name:	F76C98F6-91E6-40B4-9097-ABD6744EE52E.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	4432087Click image for larger version

Name:	54F37A7E-A728-4F44-9491-119CD9EFF012.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	702.3 KB
ID:	4432088
          Last edited by Carrfixr; Thu 16th Jan '20, 12:13pm.

Comment

Name:	2020-01-16_13-08-23.png
Views:	51
Size:	169.0 KB
ID:	4432085

Name:	2020-01-16_13-08-38.png
Views:	45
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	4432086

I see color emoji. What OS and browser are you using? It will be dependent on that.

I don't know what you're seeing with the fonts in your title. I don't see any custom CSS that tries to change them. However, I know you use a lot of custom CSS and every single upgrade can affect that. There really isn't much we can do about that. We create a software package for 1000s of sites. We try to make sure custom CSS in the css_additional.css template has priority. Sometimes that doesn't work.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Windows 7 at work.. that could be why?

Comment

I don't even know if Windows 7 supports Emoji. I believe Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 have full support.

Windows 7 could also be why the font is changed. The definition uses several different fonts because no computer is guaranteed to have the all installed.
                Last edited by Wayne Luke; Thu 16th Jan '20, 12:20pm.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Here is more information - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ec8c444?auth=1

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thanks Wayne for the info, I'll go over things later and report back
                    Last edited by Carrfixr; Thu 16th Jan '20, 12:31pm.

Comment

Well that emoji update broke all kinds of stuff on my site. All the CSS sprites were deleted, so I put them back in and they don't work. Fonts were changed and I'm sure there is other stuff. The Emojis are not worth the trouble as they don't work properly on most OS anyway
                      Please put my site back the way it was and I don't need any pre notification before taking it off line. It's that bad and full of bugs.
                      Thanks, I should have known better than to jump on something so new
                      Last edited by Carrfixr; Thu 16th Jan '20, 4:06pm.

Comment

• Carrfixr
                        Carrfixr commented
                        Editing a comment
                        On the second try after reinstalling all the CSS sprites that were deleted, they are now working

• Carrfixr
                        Carrfixr commented
                        Editing a comment
                        These are some of the fonts that were changed

module_header_font

primary_module_header_font

and I made a new post on the one I was still looking for

My pages seem to jump when reloading

Updating the database to enable the Emoji wouldn't have changed any of what you're saying changed. Especially since your site is in English, which is the easiest language to convert.

I don't know where the issue are coming from but I suspect out of date customizations.

Wayne Luke

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        Wayne Luke commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I don't know why any of those things would have changed.

• Carrfixr
                        Carrfixr commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You would know better than me, but I sure didn't do it.

• Wayne Luke
                        Wayne Luke commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I didn't say you did. I really try to help and support you. It is difficult when it seems that you take everything I say as a personal attack against you.

I know when my cloud site was converted, nothing in the style was changed. It was actually converted multiple times for different tests. I also know that the conversion shouldn't affect styles or icons. The only thing I can think of is that you had some characters somewhere that didn't translate properly. I don't know where that would be though.

Other cloud sites that have been converted, haven't complained about these issues either. It doesn't mean that they didn't occur. It just means that people didn't notice or didn't care enough to say anything.

Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
                      Windows 7 at work.. that could be why?
                      You may know already but Windows 7 will no longer be supported and no further updates leaving it vulnerable. UK news link but might still be useful to you https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...at-should-i-do

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X