X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

Indeed but guests are your potential future members, and they won't know that it's only for guests.

I can only speak personally, but whenever I see a forum, blog or any site that's implemented disabling of right click, that's me gone.

The only way someone would need to use right click is to steal info. We have a very highly competitive forum, it's a very long story. I hear and understand what you are saying. I also have the blurred Mod installed from Glenn for guests

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post

It was set up for just the guest user-group only
    Indeed but guests are your potential future members, and they won't know that it's only for guests.

I can only speak personally, but whenever I see a forum, blog or any site that's implemented disabling of right click, that's me gone.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
    As an aside, those right click disable scripts achieve absolutely nothing.

If someone wishes to steal your content, they won't be put off at all by such a script as they are simple to override.
    However, they are insanely irritating to genuine users.
    Totally counter productive.
    It was set up for just the guest user-group only

Leave a comment:

• MrsTiggywinkle
    replied
    Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
    Right click disabled was just for guest users. Code is removed. I see them now after clearing the browser cache. Mrs T saw the same thing I did?? I cleared each of my devices and now they seem to show.
    Looking fine here this morning.

All my devices were switched off overnight which can clear things out so maybe all the recent problems have simply been cache issues following the upgrade. Who knows

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    As an aside, those right click disable scripts achieve absolutely nothing.

If someone wishes to steal your content, they won't be put off at all by such a script as they are simple to override.
    However, they are insanely irritating to genuine users.
    Totally counter productive.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    They started showing before I removed the right click java script, but after clearing all my device browsers. I'll just leave the right click off for now
    I guess I'm good to go. Now I just need those emojis working. What is best a support ticket or phone call?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Clearing the cache in the AdminCP does not affect the browser.

When you disabled the disable right-click, the notices appeared? Notices have a javascript hook on them to control the dismissal handling. If there is a Javascript conflict, this might cause problems with the initial display.

The only error I am currently seeing is due to a site.webmanifest file uploaded via the vBCloud File Manager. It redirects to a page not found error.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Would clear system cache in the admin cp help any?

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Right click disabled was just for guest users. Code is removed. I see them now after clearing the browser cache. Mrs T saw the same thing I did?? I cleared each of my devices and now they seem to show.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    He'll have to remove the code to disable right-click so I can investigate.

Leave a comment:

• MrsTiggywinkle
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    I can see a notice visiting your site as a guest user -
    Click image for larger version Name:	2020-01-14_13-57-35.png Views:	0 Size:	19.5 KB ID:	4431855

I don’t see that, just a cream coloured box with no text.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I can see a notice visiting your site as a guest user -
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-01-14_13-57-35.png Views:	0 Size:	19.5 KB ID:	4431855

Can't actually determine what any problems might be because you have disabled right-click functionality on your site. So I can't inspect it properly.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Good thought, but it was always black text. I do have some notices using a transparent CSS background, so those you don't see at all now. The ones with backgrounds are blank

Leave a comment:

• MrsTiggywinkle
    replied
    Any chance the text colour is same as background? Long shot I know

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle View Post
    Ours are OK and showing Carrfixr but I've just visited your site and I can't see your notices.

Our other problem is fixed now too so maybe yours is something simple?
    Thanks interesting

I made a new one with TEST written. Only the background showed. I wonder if something is conflicting

Leave a comment: