Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Content Order on Mobile

Hello,

Is it possible to customize the order in which modules appear on mobile?

If you look at my site on desktop: http://forum.highonhockey.com

I have two search modules "Latest Posts" and "Latest Topics" that appear near the top, because they are in the right column. On mobile, these are pushed to the bottom of the page. It would be much more useful to have these appear at the top on mobile.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

There is currently no setting or option to change module order based on the display. We don't actually know what type of display your using most of the time. The browser rearranges everything based on the classes we assigned to each section and module. You can hide and display modules based on size but this will increase page load times if you add additional modules.

The easiest way to handle what you want is to switch from the 70/30 layout to the 30/70 layout. You would then put your searches in the left column and the content in the right column. This should effectively show the search modules first on mobile. You can do this by clicking "Edit Page" and then the layout tab in the page editor. You will need to drag and move your modules before saving. Such a change shouldn't affect desktop users much.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      There is currently no setting or option to change module order based on the display. We don't actually know what type of display your using most of the time. The browser rearranges everything based on the classes we assigned to each section and module. You can hide and display modules based on size but this will increase page load times if you add additional modules.

The easiest way to handle what you want is to switch from the 70/30 layout to the 30/70 layout. You would then put your searches in the left column and the content in the right column. This should effectively show the search modules first on mobile. You can do this by clicking "Edit Page" and then the layout tab in the page editor. You will need to drag and move your modules before saving. Such a change shouldn't affect desktop users much.
      Thanks Wayne. I did try that, but it didn't seem to work, as the search modules still appeared at the bottom. It also made the desktop appearance much less appealing.

I appreciate the reply though. It's just something I'll have to live with.

As a workaround, I'll probably create pages for each of the modules. Those can be accessed quickly from the menu on mobile.

Comment