No announcement yet.

shared YouTube videos now show up as having errors in Google webmaster tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shared YouTube videos now show up as having errors in Google webmaster tools

Hi all.

I've had no problem sharing YT videos on my site until today. Today I checked Google Webmaster Tools and it shows that around mid September, all the pages with shared videos have 4 errors:

- Missing field "thumbnailUrl"
    - Missing field "description"
    - Missing field "uploadDate"
    - Missing field "name"

When I click on each error, a list of the webpages with errors is displayed, including the URL of the page.

What can I do to resolve these errors? Did the errors arise because of a change in the vBulletin software, or are they due to a change in Webmaster Tools?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by braintrainnerd; Sat 9th Nov '19, 2:55am.

Videos shouldn't be indexed on their own. They are only included as part of pages. Seems to be a change in Webmaster Tools.

We will have to refactor how videos are retrieved from YouTube in the future but the current method should still work. Errors on Webmaster Tools should have no effect on how video is displayed on your site. The software doesn't have access to that information anyway.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I can link YouTube videos without issue.

https://forums.rabidbadger.io/rabidb...-youtube-embed
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Hi Wayne. I have no problems sharing YT videos. It's just that Google Webmaster Tools seems to think that those pages with shared videos have errors.

Today I checked WebmasterT and the number has dropped from 159 pages with errors to 111. Hopefully this is a correction on WebmasterT's part and eventually there will be no pages with errors.

Comment