Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echidna
    replied

Thank you, I've been looking forward to the update, after seeing the issue fixed in the bug tracker. Good to know it's nearly here

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Your site should be upgraded to 5.5.6 this week which contains a critical bug fix for you issue. We can fix the site once that is applied. For now, the work around is to leave "route by node" turned on.

Leave a comment:

• Echidna
    replied
    Hi,
    it's been 3 months since I was brought up this problem on our board. ( https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...st-post-glitch)

Where are we at, at getting this fixed?

Is there anything I can do to help things along.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I'll look at this weekend. I am not at my personal computer right now.

Leave a comment:

• Echidna
    replied
    damn, I'm so sorry.
    I misunderstood.

Last edited by Echidna; Fri 13 Dec '19, 2:06am.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If you've changed the URLs of topics, I will have to rebuild the entire scheme of your database. These means that topics may not have the same node id as they previously did and old links will not work. This is what I was trying to avoid by updating the system manually. There really wasn't any urgency since your site was working with "Route by Node" turned on.

Leave a comment:

• Echidna
    replied
    oh dear, well I've buggered that up then.
    I'll just be over there >>>>>>> sitting in the corner, crying......

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    1. You should not change the URLs of topics. Only Channels.
    2. /node/XX should not be in the URL of your channels..
    3. For the database forums, the node/xx should be replaced with /forum/database-aa since that is the current URL of that channel.

Copied links won't be updated. Only dynamically generated links will be updated. The system should be able to redirect the user to the new URL from the pre-existing copied link.

Leave a comment:

• Echidna
    replied
    another query, (with simplified URL off)
    copying the link location results in this https://www.diecastgarage.org/forum/the-garage/yatming-ag/563-random-military , however there is no yatming-ag, the subforum is called military

Changing topic page yatming-ag to military in the 'edit page' does not seem to change the discussion link.

I didn't set up the channels or subforums so I don't know if the name was changed at some stage.

Leave a comment:

• Echidna
    replied

When creating the new url, do I include the node number or just the page title? eg /3321-blue fish
    How do I add titles that have a special character, such as an apostrophe. It will not let me use special characters to create the apostrophe
    When editing the discussion page url, if it only displays a node number rather than a pathway, do I overwrite that with the full pathway?

eg do I replace node217 with forum/the-garage/tomica/27761-tomicarama-2020 ?

Last edited by Echidna; Wed 11 Dec '19, 9:50pm.

Leave a comment:

• Echidna
    replied
    Ok, sounds like a plan.
    Just to clarify, I do this with route by node ON and change the URL to the full path?

Sorry, I don't understand. I think you will need to draw me a picture.

ok, I think I've the hang of it, I'll give it a go, thank you.
    Last edited by Echidna; Tue 10 Dec '19, 8:48pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You're using Route By Node at this time. So you will be living in that system. Discussions inherit a good portion of the "URL Ident" from their parent channel. So removing the /node/xx/ from the parent channel URL and replacing it with /forum/database-aa (for example) will be inherited by every discussion in the channel.

The problem with your site is the /node/XX stored in the URL Ident for many channels. These channels would have been created after you turned "Route by Node" off and is why things break if you turn "Route By Node" off. You can manually change the URLS for the affected channels by going to the channel, editing the page, saving the page and updating the URL. I don't have a script to do this and even if I did, I can't run scripts on Cloud.

Leave a comment:

• Echidna
    replied
    You can actually fix it by manually editing every forum and updating its UR
    Hi Wayne, thanks for the response.

Do you mean I, personally, can edit and fix things?

Just having a quick look and the Topics are looking good, but the discussion URLs are still dodgy .
    e.g.
    https://www.diecastgarage.org/forum/...ground-choices
    https://www.diecastgarage.org/node/3473

Does this mean you have to manually change every discussion URL too?

Thank you for plodding along with this, it must be a pain in the butt.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    It isn't an easy fix. You can actually fix it by manually editing every forum and updating its URL. I am working on it. It will take time due to the high number of forums you have.

All forums except the ones listed here have had their URL Idents update to be proper - https://www.diecastgarage.org/node/14084
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 9 Dec '19, 12:45pm.

Leave a comment:

• Echidna
    replied
    Ok, it's been 4 weeks.
    Am I entitled to be just a little bit crabby now?

Please, please fix our forum.

Wayne Luke

Leave a comment: