Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Turn off Route By Node in the AdminCP. Does this resolve the issue?

Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Make sure you're using the latest available versions of your browsers.
    Clear your browser's cache.

Leave a comment:

• Echidna
    replied
    Hi Mark, thanks for the reply. It’s comforting to be acknowledged even if there is no fix.
    I have tested on the default style, and also on another style which has had no style or css editing. The problem still occurs.

Another effected member has said he is using windows 8 and Firefox, so it’s not specific to one browser or os.
    I have tried clearing cache and cookies, still the same problem. I have fired up chrome, previously unused for the site, and the problem still exists.

I’ll ask a friend who has not visited the site to join, and see if they experience any problems.

The infinite scroll is where the page scrolls on to the next page, ignoring pagination. I think the user has resolved this with his account settings.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Does this issue occur in the default style?

Also I don't know what you mean regarding infinite scroll. Most vBulletin pages don't have this, with one or two exceptions. What page is this being seen on? Can you replicate the issue yourself.

Generally when only a small number of users have an issue, it is related to their local environment, such as the browser. After an upgrade, anyone seeing odd behaviour should be advised to clear their cache and restart their browsers.

This site uses the same files as the cloud sites and sis within the same platform, which is why we need to look into your styles etc. For example custom CSS could break functions like these.

Leave a comment:

• Echidna
    replied
    The members are using chrome, edge, Firefox, safari, os includes windows 7 and 10.
    curiously, hovering on the link displays the correct post number, but it doesn’t land on that post.
    I also have member that can’t stop infinite scroll.

Will someone check our site please. If it was our own browser issue surely we would experience the same problem here.
    Its making navigation and general usability very difficult.

The Goto Last Post worked before the trial board was migrated to permanent board.
    The go to first unread (or is it last read) worked before the most recent patch/upgrade.

Leave a comment:

• Echidna
    replied
    Yes, go to last post works here.
    gonto first new post works here too, I think.

neither are working on our cloud site. I know this site is cloud based, so it’s perplexing.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    The notification issue is fixed in 5.5.6 but cloud sites have been patched.

Self hosted customers can find the patch here:

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...71#post4426471

Go to last post should work. Does it work for you on this site?

Leave a comment:

• Echidna
    started a topic Problem after 5.5.5 upgrade.

Problem after 5.5.5 upgrade.

The GoTo First New post is going to the top of the page, not the new post.
    The GoTo last posts hasn't worked properly since install, but this GoTo First New Post was fine until the upgrade.

I have tested with Win7 + Firefox and Safari with the same result