No announcement yet.

Problem after 5.5.5 upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am developing a plan to fix the issue on your site. Hopefully, I will have it resolved by tomorrow.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

You’re a champion, thank you

Comment

How’s this project coming along? The natives grow restless

Comment

Still working on it. Leaving your site in Route By Node mode should keep it working for now.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thank you, I did switch to Route By Node immediately after testing, to prevent rioting by the masses.
            I noticed today the problem also effects the Go to Post in Search Results.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	watrcoolersmiles3.gif
Views:	56
Size:	11.2 KB
ID:	4427796

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	lousyputer.gif
Views:	47
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	4428466

Comment

Ive tried to be patient, but as our forum grows, the navigation becomes more difficult.
                  Jump to new post does not work
                  the jump to last post does not work
                  the jump to Search query result post does not work.
                  often a read topic suddenly shows as unread, without any new posts.

Bug tracker suggests the underlying problem has been fixed. Can this please be rolled out. At least then any newly created Discussions won’t suffer from the same glitch. I can then create a duplicate topic and move the posts from the broken one.

Comment

Ok, it's been 4 weeks.
                    Am I entitled to be just a little bit crabby now?

Please, please fix our forum.

Wayne Luke

Comment

It isn't an easy fix. You can actually fix it by manually editing every forum and updating its URL. I am working on it. It will take time due to the high number of forums you have.

All forums except the ones listed here have had their URL Idents update to be proper - https://www.diecastgarage.org/node/14084
                      Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 9th Dec '19, 1:45pm.

Wayne Luke

Comment

You can actually fix it by manually editing every forum and updating its UR
                        Hi Wayne, thanks for the response.

Do you mean I, personally, can edit and fix things?

Just having a quick look and the Topics are looking good, but the discussion URLs are still dodgy .
                        e.g.
                        https://www.diecastgarage.org/forum/...ground-choices
                        https://www.diecastgarage.org/node/3473

Does this mean you have to manually change every discussion URL too?

Thank you for plodding along with this, it must be a pain in the butt.

Comment

You're using Route By Node at this time. So you will be living in that system. Discussions inherit a good portion of the "URL Ident" from their parent channel. So removing the /node/xx/ from the parent channel URL and replacing it with /forum/database-aa (for example) will be inherited by every discussion in the channel.

The problem with your site is the /node/XX stored in the URL Ident for many channels. These channels would have been created after you turned "Route by Node" off and is why things break if you turn "Route By Node" off. You can manually change the URLS for the affected channels by going to the channel, editing the page, saving the page and updating the URL. I don't have a script to do this and even if I did, I can't run scripts on Cloud.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Ok, sounds like a plan.
                            Just to clarify, I do this with route by node ON and change the URL to the full path?

Sorry, I don't understand. I think you will need to draw me a picture.

ok, I think I've the hang of it, I'll give it a go, thank you.
                            Last edited by Echidna; Tue 10th Dec '19, 9:48pm.

Comment

When creating the new url, do I include the node number or just the page title? eg /3321-blue fish
                              How do I add titles that have a special character, such as an apostrophe. It will not let me use special characters to create the apostrophe
                              When editing the discussion page url, if it only displays a node number rather than a pathway, do I overwrite that with the full pathway?

eg do I replace node217 with forum/the-garage/tomica/27761-tomicarama-2020 ?

Last edited by Echidna; Wed 11th Dec '19, 10:50pm.

Comment

another query, (with simplified URL off)
                                copying the link location results in this https://www.diecastgarage.org/forum/the-garage/yatming-ag/563-random-military , however there is no yatming-ag, the subforum is called military

Changing topic page yatming-ag to military in the 'edit page' does not seem to change the discussion link.

I didn't set up the channels or subforums so I don't know if the name was changed at some stage.

Comment