Problem after 5.5.5 upgrade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem after 5.5.5 upgrade.

The GoTo First New post is going to the top of the page, not the new post.
    The GoTo last posts hasn't worked properly since install, but this GoTo First New Post was fine until the upgrade.

I have tested with Win7 + Firefox and Safari with the same result

The notification issue is fixed in 5.5.6 but cloud sites have been patched.

Self hosted customers can find the patch here:

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...71#post4426471

Go to last post should work. Does it work for you on this site?
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Yes, go to last post works here.
      gonto first new post works here too, I think.

neither are working on our cloud site. I know this site is cloud based, so it’s perplexing.

Comment

The members are using chrome, edge, Firefox, safari, os includes windows 7 and 10.
        curiously, hovering on the link displays the correct post number, but it doesn’t land on that post.
        I also have member that can’t stop infinite scroll.

Will someone check our site please. If it was our own browser issue surely we would experience the same problem here.
        Its making navigation and general usability very difficult.

The Goto Last Post worked before the trial board was migrated to permanent board.
        The go to first unread (or is it last read) worked before the most recent patch/upgrade.

Comment

Does this issue occur in the default style?

Also I don't know what you mean regarding infinite scroll. Most vBulletin pages don't have this, with one or two exceptions. What page is this being seen on? Can you replicate the issue yourself.

Generally when only a small number of users have an issue, it is related to their local environment, such as the browser. After an upgrade, anyone seeing odd behaviour should be advised to clear their cache and restart their browsers.

This site uses the same files as the cloud sites and sis within the same platform, which is why we need to look into your styles etc. For example custom CSS could break functions like these.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Hi Mark, thanks for the reply. It’s comforting to be acknowledged even if there is no fix.
            I have tested on the default style, and also on another style which has had no style or css editing. The problem still occurs.

Another effected member has said he is using windows 8 and Firefox, so it’s not specific to one browser or os.
            I have tried clearing cache and cookies, still the same problem. I have fired up chrome, previously unused for the site, and the problem still exists.

I’ll ask a friend who has not visited the site to join, and see if they experience any problems.

The infinite scroll is where the page scrolls on to the next page, ignoring pagination. I think the user has resolved this with his account settings.

Comment

Make sure you're using the latest available versions of your browsers.
              Clear your browser's cache.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
              Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Turn off Route By Node in the AdminCP. Does this resolve the issue?

Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Hi, thanks for the suggestion. I set the ‘Route Channels and Conversations by Node ID’ to No.
                  The channel topic links came back with a does not exist or not found type of message. I’ve set it back to YES.

clearing cache and updating browser hasn’t helped.

is it possible we have a damaged code or file somewhere?

Comment

Which channel link topics? Please provide specific examples. That is really what needs to be fixed on your site.

You don't have a damaged file. Every vBulletin Cloud site uses the same set of files. The issue would be in the database and can be fixed.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Hi Wayne, thanks for sticking with me.
                      This gets confusing.

I have turned off route by node.

Links to channels etc are fine until we get down to the topics/threads.
                      Some will open, some give the URL error message.

In some cases the goto first post and last post almost hits the mark, in other case the page wont open at all.

https://www.diecastgarage.org/node/19024 - opens but the goto links aren't performing (route by node ON)
                      https://www.diecastgarage.org/node/1...ifty-s?p=27065 - (route by node OFF ) won't open at all, generates message "Invalid Page URL. If this is an error and the page should exist, please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

Something I've just noticed, the threads that have the invalid URL message have a node id in their url, although I have that set to NO, and more than one topic is showing the same node number. Is that the way it's supposed to work?

https://www.diecastgarage.org/node/1...wo-words-worth
                      https://www.diecastgarage.org/node/1...-talks-anymore

Click image for larger version

Name:	blink-smiley.gif
Views:	20
Size:	945 Bytes
ID:	4426872

Comment

The second link is invalid. The system is returning the proper error. The URL for that link should be: https://www.diecastgarage.org/forum/off-topic/19024-said-good-bye-to-swifty-s?p=27065

Is this faulty URL generated by the system and where? Or was it created erroneously by a user?

Wayne Luke

Comment

I know what the issue is. It can be manually fixed but I will create a bug report for the issue so there it won't happen in the future. I doubt the improper route is a vBulletin 5.5.5 issue. It has most likely existed since we implemented the Route By Node option years ago.
                          Last edited by Wayne Luke; Wed 13th Nov '19, 10:33am.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Here is the bug report: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19830

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                              The second link is invalid. The system is returning the proper error. The URL for that link should be: https://www.diecastgarage.org/forum/off-topic/19024-said-good-bye-to-swifty-s?p=27065

Is this faulty URL generated by the system and where? Or was it created erroneously by a user?

I copied the URL from the address bar after clicking on the discussion title and landing on that page.

I gather I need to have route by node turned off.
                              What do I need to do now, to fix the invalid URL paths? There’s quite a few of them.

Comment