Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recent Flood of rogue registration attempts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    IPv6 is supported by current versions the software.

It is not currently supported by vBulletin Cloud due to infrastructure issues between its servers and Cloudflare. Currently this IPv6 support is turned off on vBulletin Cloud and Cloudflare will return fake IPv4 addresses. We will re-evaluate enabling this support again in the future when there is better support in the Cloud infrastructure.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Originally posted by JChaz View Post
    Like all of us with open registration forums, these attempts are common, its nothing really to get too concerend about, but something you can keep on top of.

Checking new registrations on a daily basis takes a minute of your time. Any new registrations that are suspicious I generally just hit the delete button. Those that look genuine and have registered with an IP address which resolves to something I know, will be given a week to confirm regsitration before I grab the e-mail address and remind them they need to confirm registration. If I don't get a reply - the delete button is applied!
    The Ipv6 addresses are not supported by the software. They come back as invalid when checking them. Yes many use services to mask their IP but it's still a lost tool that I miss

Leave a comment:

• JChaz
    replied
    Like all of us with open registration forums, these attempts are common, its nothing really to get too concerend about, but something you can keep on top of.

Checking new registrations on a daily basis takes a minute of your time. Any new registrations that are suspicious I generally just hit the delete button. Those that look genuine and have registered with an IP address which resolves to something I know, will be given a week to confirm regsitration before I grab the e-mail address and remind them they need to confirm registration. If I don't get a reply - the delete button is applied!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    It means people are trying to register and spam your site. We have no idea why they would target your site. It happens and is part of running a website with registration. We get spam on this site daily. We delete it and ban the people who post it.

Leave a comment:

• JGRnava
    started a topic Recent Flood of rogue registration attempts.

Recent Flood of rogue registration attempts.

Earlier this year we had a lot of rogue registration attempts. Then for the last couple of months or so, that stopped. A few days ago it started again. Three today. These are mostly from foreign sources with email addresses that fail the click back and ignore the site membership requirements.

Is this something related to some issue with vBulletin earlier or does it mean that our site is being targeted. Thank you.