PM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PM's

Why does my sent box and in box show say close to 50 pages but there are only a few with content? My inbox only has page 1 with content. The other 48 pages are empty / blank
    vB Mods That Rock!

Honestly, I have no idea. Will try to look into it.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks Wayne

Here is an example of my inbox. Page 1 has content but here is a photo of page 2.. it’s blank and you can see all the other pages up to 48 all blank. The sent box has the same deal going on except the first 8 pages has content there

vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

will look into it. issues affecting a single user are difficult to troubleshoot.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Taking a guess at the UserID in question, I see that UserID #2 has 5,208 private messages so the number of pages seems accurate. Did you try to delete a bunch of Private Messages recently? They don't actually delete in vBulletin 5 and they aren't stored the same way as vBulletin 4 so this can cause confusion. What happens when you view other folders?

Wayne Luke

Comment

I have deleted private messages, it seems the page numbers stay?
            vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

It seems this is site wide and not just related to one account. It also seems similar to this other problem that continues to persist.

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...711-empty-page
              vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

I have another PM question unrelated to the issue above. If I made a folder how can I delete it? I'm able to delete the pm's contained within that folder but not the folder itself
                vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

You're not actually able to delete the PMs either. They are still in the system. They are just hidden until someone replies to them. With the conversion of Private Messages to Threaded Discussions, the same as Forum Discussions, the problems with the system are exacerbated. The problem is that right now, there isn't a better idea on how to deal with them.

There is no method to delete folders as far as I am aware. The entire idea of Folders for PMs needs to go away. Private Messages are not emails and never should have been treated as such.

I also don't know why you frequently have problems with pagination across the site. You're the only customer that reports this as a recurring issue. The forum issue and the private message issue are most likely the same. Especially since Private Messages are stored in the /special/private-message channel and are technically no different from any other content on the site.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I'm thinking that everyone on the cloud has this issue but it's not noticed or reported. My members have dead pages in their PM's. I'll bet the house that other cloud forums have the same thing. I'm wondering if these additional ghost pages will count towards the 500 PM page limit?
                    vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

Each private message topic counts towards the Private Message quota. I don't know of any page limit on Private Messages.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thanks Wayne
                        I'm going to talk to other cloud owners to see if it's just me
                        vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

It really wouldn't be a Cloud issue. The software on Cloud isn't any different than the download version.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I was able to force the issue on this site by deleting some private messages from 2010. Not supposed to "delete" them but it is for testing purposes.

A developer will look into the issue. If the fix is easy, then it will be applied to your site. If it takes more effort, it will need to go through the scheduling process. This isn't really a critical issue at the moment.

https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19780

Wayne Luke

Comment

Agree it's not a critical issue. Showing those ghost pages on the regular forum topics does increase its priority in my mind. Assuming it's the same deal

Thanks for taking the time to look at it!
                              vB Mods That Rock!

Comment