Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Page query

I'm on cloud.
    I would like to create a new page with a channel and subchannels, and link tab on the navbar

To use this forum as an example, I would create a new page, name it International Support and place the Deutschsprachiger Support on it.

Is this possible?

When I try, the channel module displays the channels from the forum page.

This is doing my head in. Any input welcome. Please use small words and type slowly, I'm thicker than two bricks

The software doesn't allow the creation of "Super Channels" like Forums at this time. Maybe there is another way to achieve what you want. If you're more specific on what you're trying to do, we can offer suggestions on how to accomplish that.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Hi Wayne.
      We are a diecast collectors forum.
      There are lots of sections on the forum page for general chatting and more specific topics related to models by manufacturer.

We also have a 'database' category, with many subforums for individual manufacturers. There are multiple topics under each subforum, where members can add new models.

This 'database' category takes up a large area on the forum/front page, and I was hoping to move it to a page of it's own.

I thinks the 'groups' may have been a solution, but the setup was rather alien to us, and the permissions confusing. The 'database' is for public viewing.

I did read there is a css solution to hide the subforums. I don't think this is the answer for us, as it's only the one category we want to minimize.

Is it possible to have a sub subforum, so the current subforums are grouped under another 'subforum' there by only displaying one title under the current category title.

Sorry, every platform seems to have its own name for forums and subforums (groups, nodes,channels etc) and I have trouble distinguishing between them and the correct terms, so that possible doesnt make much sense to you.

Comment

Is it something that can be managed by Display Order numbering?
        I guess what we are looking for is another level of directory.

Rather than listing every manufacturer as a sub forum, have subforums of A-L, M-T, U-Z and then a directory of individual manufacturers under those.
        Last edited by Echidna; Mon 14th Oct '19, 5:45pm.

Comment

Each Forum Channel already has the ability to have its own page that can be fully customized. We do this through Page Templates. In a default display, all forum channels share the same template. However you can assign a new template to each channel if you would like.

If you go to your Database channel and click Edit Page, you can create a new template when you save the page. At the bottom, it will ask if you want to overwrite the template. Say "No" and it will ask for a name for your new template. Name it something like "Database Channel Template" so you know what it is for.

After this, you can then edit the page again to change its layout and modules as needed.

To add a Navigation Tab for this Database Channel, simply click "Navigation Bar". Then click "Add New Navigation Item". Give it a name like "Database" and then add the URL of your channel. You can save the Navigation Tab screen and it will show up as a Tab.

To remove the Database from the main listing of forums, go into the Channel Manager within the AdminCP and set its display order to 0 (zero). It will no longer be shown on the screen but will remain fully accessible based on its permissions. The Channel Manager is under Channel Management.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thank you, that was easy to follow, and effective.

Last edited by Echidna; Fri 18th Oct '19, 7:57pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X