Moderation in vBCloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderation in vBCloud

I am transitioning from vB4 to vBCloud. I used to access posts waiting for moderation from the Admin CP Panel. It also had attachments awaiting moderation. Where is that in vBCloud? If not there how are Cloud posts moderated? Thanks.

They are now in your Notifications at the top of the forum.

However, posts in moderation do not show the red notification alert, there is a bug report for that but sadly it has been like it for years

So you have to actually go into your notifications and scroll down to posts awaiting moderation to see if there are any.

Comment

You can also see if there are any on the home page of the Admin cp. Then you’ll need to follow Mrs.T’s steps to see them. Yes the lack of an automatic notification and or an email not being available is a huge detriment

Comment

This is a tricky one. In very early versions of vB5 the notifier did appear for moderated posts. However people complained that on busy sites this swamped the notifications and thus moderators missed PMs and Likes etc. So it was changed to how it is now.

Ultimately it probably needs to be an option in the notifications option screen, which it wasn’t before.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

I don't understand why a notification or an email can't be a moderator option to turn on or off. Not having anything at all actually is actually a burden on me and my daily routine. I'm constantly having to look. A separate notification? Surely something simple can be devised.
          Last edited by Carrfixr; Sat 12 Oct '19, 8:10am.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
            I don't understand why a notification or an email can't be a moderator option to turn on or off. Not having anything at all actually is actually a burden on me and my daily routine. I'm constantly having to look. A separate notification? Surely something simple can be devised.
            I agree we waste time having to open up notifications just to check if there are any posts to moderate.

Comment

Thank you everyone!

Comment

disregard
                Last edited by Carrfixr; Sat 12 Oct '19, 5:02pm.

Comment

Wait! The moderation settings? I need to adjust moderation settings too. When I moved my Vb 4 to VbCloud posts and attachments were subject to moderation. That is what I cannot find in the new Admin panel. I need to turn on moderation. Any help?

I am looking for a setting to have all posts and attachment go through moderation. Global setting.
                  Last edited by findagroomer; Sat 12 Oct '19, 10:41am.

Comment

Try going to usergroups and turn these to NO
                    Skip Moderation for Topics
                    Yes No
                    Skip Moderation for Replies
                    Yes No
                    Skip Moderation for Posts/Topics With Attachments

Comment

I may have figured it out on Cloud...I can require moderation by usergroup.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X