Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earnings at risk - You need to fix some ads.txt file issues to avoid severe impact to your revenue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrfixr
    replied
    So last night I switched my redirect 301 back to WWW. and low and behold the error message went away. Lets hope it stays that way
    Last edited by Carrfixr; Sat 16 Nov '19, 6:48am.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    So far its staying without the WWW. I'll wait to see if the error warning goes away.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You should bring that issue up with your DNS provider.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    I did the 301 redirect last time in the DNS settings without the www. When I went to look at it just now it had the www back. So I removed it, i'll see what happens

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The files exist. The error message doesn't tell us how to fix the issue. Someone needs to contact Google and ask them how to fix the issue. I don't have an Adsense account with Google so I cannot contact them about it.

I do know that your redirect has to preserve the base domain. This is your domain without any sub-domain such as www. And it must be a 301 redirect at the DNS level. If you're making the redirect in cPanel or with .htaccess on some hosting provider, it is too late and it will fail. If you do have webhosting where you can redirect via cPanel or an .htaccess file, then you should just put the ads.txt on that site with the DNS for your base domain pointing to it.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 4 Nov '19, 9:14am.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Same here

Leave a comment:

• kakarla
    replied
    This is the error message.

Leave a comment:

• kakarla
    replied
    Create an ads.txt file for 1 site

expand_lessTo prevent severe impact on revenue, download an ads.txt file then upload the file to the root level domain of each site:
    • rockingindians.in
    It may take a few days for changes to update. If you’re using another ad network, remember to add the network to the ads.txt file. See the ads.txt guide for more details.

DOWNLOAD

Leave a comment:

• kakarla
    replied
    I too still have the error message. Its not going. I tried everything now.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Well what I put in there did not work, so back went the original code in the DNS txt. I'm lost and still have the error message.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Carrfixrvintagefordforum.com/ads.txt
    This is the URL that google will be checking for the file. Not any of you sub-domains like www.

Leave a comment:

• MrsTiggywinkle
    replied
    Carrfixr I'm seeing your ads code on both www.vintagefordforum.com/ads.txt and vintagefordforum.com/ads.txt

It wasn't on both yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• MrsTiggywinkle
    replied
    Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
    Thanks for the comment MrsTiggywinkle your response was appreciated. I looked at the txt in my dns and there was some kind of crazy looking code. I replaced it with the same code that was put into the forum root box. Is this right or wrong? got me. I'll see what happens. I can always revert that dns--txt code back if it doesn't work and try something else
    All my txt boxes were empty of code but there where a few boxes which I assumed was for when you needed to add verification for different websites.

Reading up on this I'm sure it is what they are used for: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/TXT_record if you look at examples it includes Google site verification so I guess adsense verification should be the same

good luck

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Thanks for the comment MrsTiggywinkle your response was appreciated. I looked at the txt in my dns and there was some kind of crazy looking code. I replaced it with the same code that was put into the forum root box. Is this right or wrong? got me. I'll see what happens. I can always revert that dns--txt code back if it doesn't work and try something else

Leave a comment:

• MrsTiggywinkle
    replied
    Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
    So I thought that I was all good. After placing the google code the warning message disappeared. A couple weeks later, today it reappeared. Strange now what?
    I don't know if this will help you Carrfixr but I have another website, nothing to do with vBulletin, it is just a Blogger blog site I use to share my crafts.

I have had the same problem, AdSense kept giving the fix warning.

On www the .ads.txt code showed but not on https that just redirected to my home page

So, on the domain DNS settings I put the code in the txt record option and after a few hours the code showed on both www and https and the fix warning is gone

now I'm no expert and it wouldn't have worried me too much had it all gone wrong and messed up my site, it's not that important.

But your site is so PLEASE do your research before taking my route, it's only a suggestion. I wouldn't want your site messed up
    Last edited by MrsTiggywinkle; Thu 24 Oct '19, 10:04pm.

Leave a comment: