Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earnings at risk - You need to fix some ads.txt file issues to avoid severe impact to your revenue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earnings at risk - You need to fix some ads.txt file issues to avoid severe impact to your revenue.

Add your publisher ID to the ads.txt file

expand_lessTo prevent severe impact to your revenue, copy and paste the following line into each ads.txt file:
    google.com, pub- xxx, DIRECT, xxxxx It may take a few days for changes to update. See the ads.txt guide for more details.

where should this be placed.

I am on vb Cloud.

Please let me know about this

Where to add this. Please let me know.

vBulletin Cloud users can add the information needed for their ads.txt file in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Search Engine Tools.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

This needs to be pasted in Google Analytics Javascript or Google ads.txt page

Comment

Please let me know

Comment

pasted in Google ads.txt portion as per Settings -> Options -> Search Engine Tools.

Will let you know if the error disappears or not in 3-4 days.

Comment

I pasted my code in and the google error stays??? I'm not sure what to do now.
            vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
              I pasted my code in and the google error stays??? I'm not sure what to do now.
              Well by default, Google will be looking for this file at vintagefordforum.com (the default domain) and not at www.vintagefordforum.com (a sub-domain). This is stated on Google's setup page. Which is why I said that it needed to be hosted at the main site, not on cloud. However, people demanded that we support it so it was added.

You need to tell Google to look for the ads.txt file at www.vintagefordforum.com. You might be able to do this by forcing a 301 redirect of vintagefordforum.com to www.vintagefordforum.com at your DNS.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

Well by default, Google will be looking for this file at vintagefordforum.com (the default domain) and not at www.vintagefordforum.com (a sub-domain). This is stated on Google's setup page. Which is why I said that it needed to be hosted at the main site, not on cloud. However, people demanded that we support it so it was added.

You need to tell Google to look for the ads.txt file at www.vintagefordforum.com. You might be able to do this by forcing a 301 redirect of vintagefordforum.com to www.vintagefordforum.com at your DNS.
                the error stays. Its not resolved.

How to do a 301 redirect. Can you explain please.

Comment

We did ours a few weeks ago and it is all good.

However I did also add the code to the main domain, as Wayne suggested, as we have ads on there too.

Comment

Originally posted by kakarla View Post

the error stays. Its not resolved.

How to do a 301 redirect. Can you explain please.
                    The process is going to differ based on who you registered your Domain Name with. They could explain the process better than I can.

Here is a tutorial for Enom: https://www.enom.com/kb/kb/kb_0352-c...?Highlight=301

Wayne Luke

Comment

I am using Go Daddy. Please let me know.

Comment

Google helps.

One of these may work:

https://www.godaddy.com/help/create-...g-account-5120
                        https://www.godaddy.com/help/forward-my-domain-12123
                        https://help.instapage.com/hc/en-us/...Daddy-account-

Though you should contact GoDaddy for help with their services. They would have the most up to date information on them. Personally, I don't know anything about GoDaddy's Domain Reselling Services. I have never used them as a customer.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Wayne's 3rd link is current
                          https://help.instapage.com/hc/en-us/...Daddy-account-

I just did the redirect per the link above. I'll post the results once I know
                          Last edited by Carrfixr; Wed 2nd Oct '19, 6:14pm.
                          vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

Should I choose the HTTP or the HTTPS? I went with the HTTPS
                            Still waiting to see if it worked
                            vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

I would redirect to https.

Wayne Luke

Comment

• Carrfixr
                                Carrfixr commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Thanks that is what I did. I'm waiting out the 24 hrs now to see if it can be crawled