Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Earnings at risk - You need to fix some ads.txt file issues to avoid severe impact to your revenue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kakarla View Post

the error stays. Its not resolved.

How to do a 301 redirect. Can you explain please.
    I have done the redirect for sub domain as explained above.. Will wait for few days and confirm whether its working or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

Well by default, Google will be looking for this file at vintagefordforum.com (the default domain) and not at www.vintagefordforum.com (a sub-domain). This is stated on Google's setup page. Which is why I said that it needed to be hosted at the main site, not on cloud. However, people demanded that we support it so it was added.

You need to tell Google to look for the ads.txt file at www.vintagefordforum.com. You might be able to do this by forcing a 301 redirect of vintagefordforum.com to www.vintagefordforum.com at your DNS.
      I have done the redirect for sub domain as explained above.. Will wait for few days and confirm whether its working or not.

Comment

Well it's over 24 hours and i'm still getting the warning message. Google says it takes 24 hrs. What's plan B?
        vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

the error is not fixed. Please provide a fix for this. Or you can upload it for vb cloud customers.

Comment

So I just checked again and the warning message is gone. It seems that plan A may have worked
            vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

Error message is gone now. I think its fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by kakarla View Post
                Or you can upload it for vb cloud customers.
                We can't upload files like this for Cloud Customers. All cloud sites use the exact same set of files. Attachments, Avatars, and files in the Cloud File Manager are not stored as they would be stored in a normal vBulletin installation. There is a lot of coding behind the scenes to make them work.

The method we provided is the only way to configure this for cloud customers.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

We can't upload files like this for Cloud Customers. All cloud sites use the exact same set of files. Attachments, Avatars, and files in the Cloud File Manager are not stored as they would be stored in a normal vBulletin installation. There is a lot of coding behind the scenes to make them work.

The method we provided is the only way to configure this for cloud customers.
                  The error message is gone now. Thanks. Redirect worked I guess.

Comment

So I thought that I was all good. After placing the google code the warning message disappeared. A couple weeks later, today it reappeared. Strange now what?
                    vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

What does Google say about the issue? Why isn't it accepting the file?

I don't know what else we can do to provide this file. I see the file on your cloud site. Don't know if it contains the proper information. You can add ads.txt to your URL to see it.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment