Announcement issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcement issue

I am trying to post an announcement onto a newly made forum category. I have these announcements custom worded to all the other areas. For some reason it will not show up in this newly made area via the Announcement Manager. Do I need to rebuild something in the maintenance area for it to show?
    The new areas are called "body and paint" and there is a sub forum .
    TIA

Sorry I posted this in the wrong area. Should have been in Support and Troubleshooting
    vB Mods That Rock!

Unlike Notices, Announcements require a separate module to be placed on the page where they should appear. Do you have the Announcement Module on the page(s) that you want it to show on?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Yes the announcement module is up. It's the same module for all the areas, so it should be good to go. The older forum areas are working, it's just the new areas I added today. The one module covers all of these forums

page link
      https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...body-and-paint
      Last edited by Carrfixr; Fri 20th Sep '19, 10:17am.
      vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

Your announcements in those two forums aren't set to be active until 2025.

It should be noted that we are working to combine Notice and Announcement functionality. Both ultimately serve the same purpose and will be consolidated under Announcements. The aim is that we do not lose any of the current Announcement functionality but enhance Notices to take over. It doesn't make sense to maintain two features that do the same thing.
        Last edited by Wayne Luke; Fri 20th Sep '19, 10:56am.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thanks for picking that up.. My bad

I like having both , because it allows us to do a temporary notice while having a permanent announcement posted in each area. If they get combined then only one can be utilized?
          vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

You can have multiple notices in a single area.

Please see this issue: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...ssues/VBV-1965

Wayne Luke

Comment

• Carrfixr
              Carrfixr commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Wayne for your help. Have a good weekend