X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrsTiggywinkle
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    I've submitted a feature request here to make it more intuitive on removing subscriptions from the email. You can see it here:
    https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19579

If it were to get a few votes between now and Monday, I can sell it to the developers better.
    Thanks Wayne, 5 votes so far

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I've submitted a feature request here to make it more intuitive on removing subscriptions from the email. You can see it here:
    https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19579

If it were to get a few votes between now and Monday, I can sell it to the developers better.

Leave a comment:

• MrsTiggywinkle
    replied
    Thanks Wayne. We will try to implement these ideas.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Please see: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...ud#post4420144

Usually it only takes a few people to mark something as spam for a provider to take action. Having your users white list your email address and the IP address can help to prevent this.

Leave a comment:

• MrsTiggywinkle
    replied
    The user that the specific email is being sent to has marked your outgoing email as spam.
    I think it might be BT (the internet provider) who is marking all emails from us as spam. All the ones we have had back today are BT Internet ones and they are from different users. I doubt all the users would have marked them as spam themselves.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The user that the specific email is being sent to has marked your outgoing email as spam.

Leave a comment:

• MrsTiggywinkle
    replied
    We are now getting a different type of email saying our messages look like spam but the same ip address (167.89.58.99) is mentioned:

167.89.58.99 Message rejected on 2019/08/14 21:51:01 BST, policy (3.2.2.1) ID (5D541985000D2124) - Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM in End of DATA

Leave a comment:

• MrsTiggywinkle
    replied
    Thanks Wayne Luke . Appreciate your help.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Will report the IP Addresses to the Cloud Team for followup.

Leave a comment:

• MrsTiggywinkle
    replied
    Sendgrid has a lot of customers so emails from them can get inadvertently blocked as many people report emails as spam instead of unsubscribing to them. This may have nothing to do with vBulletin Cloud emails but you could be caught in the fallout. If we know the IP Addresses from the email headers, we can inform SendGrid and they may be able to get them unblocked. What are the IP Addresses of the blocked email servers?

Alternatively, we have made changes so customers can use their own SMTP servers on standard ports. If you have access to a private SMTP server, you can open a support ticket and ask that your Cloud emails be moved to it.
    Thanks Wayne.

This ip address is mentioned in the body of every email report from Send Grid as being blocked: 167.89.58.99

However when I look in the email headers this is the only ip mentioned: 198.37.151.26

I'm not great at understanding all the header info so if it helps I could send them via support.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Sendgrid has a lot of customers so emails from them can get inadvertently blocked as many people report emails as spam instead of unsubscribing to them. This may have nothing to do with vBulletin Cloud emails but you could be caught in the fallout. If we know the IP Addresses from the email headers, we can inform SendGrid and they may be able to get them unblocked. What are the IP Addresses of the blocked email servers?

Alternatively, we have made changes so customers can use their own SMTP servers on standard ports. If you have access to a private SMTP server, you can open a support ticket and ask that your Cloud emails be moved to it.

Leave a comment:

• MrsTiggywinkle
    replied
    We've not had anyone complain but to be honest I don't know how many use it. Personally we just have notification on site, not by email.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Mrs.T Are your emails working for quotes, mentions etc, on your site?

Leave a comment:

• MrsTiggywinkle
    replied
    Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the notification emails? They stopped and can't I figure out why
    I'm not sure but there is certainly some strange behaviour.

Last week we had a 'contact us' form email returned as undelivered for above reasons but because it quoted the contents of the contact form we were then able to deal with it, but we never got the original.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the notification emails? They stopped and I can't figure out why
    Last edited by Carrfixr; Sun 11th Aug '19, 12:04pm.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X