Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Okay thanks. I was under the impression that the issue was getting fixed.
    Last edited by Carrfixr; Tue 10th Sep '19, 4:33pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    We turned off IPv6 Forwarding with Cloudflare. They would try to map them to IPv4 and if they can't Cloudflare will report an artificial IP Address.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    I would like to report that i’m still getting just as many bad invalid IPv6 ip addresses as before the update. This all started with the change over to cloudflare. Before that everything was honkydory
    Last edited by Carrfixr; Tue 10th Sep '19, 2:37pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    5.5.4 has support for IPv6 built-in. Then you can track those IP addresses. We don't consider the current situation to be broken or bugged. IP addresses are not a valid method of tracking users because they are not guaranteed to be accurate and can be easily spoofed.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    When is this supposed to be fixed? So many of the IP's I check are invalid.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Yea I see that. I'm getting invalid ones now.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    A change was made to the Cloudflare configuration so it will send a pseudo IPv4 address if one is not available. This should clean up some of the fragments but these may not be routable IP addresses.

Basic IPv6 support is ready for testing in a future version. At which point this would be moot.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    commented on 's reply
    Again Thank you

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I doubt it was seen as an issue. If it even showed up in testing. Issues don't always show up in testing. The Cloud Team and Network Operations Center has been working on switching to Cloudflare for a year now with extensive testing behind it.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Most likely due to the change to CloudFlare for different services on Cloud.

Though many ISPs report both if they are available these days. Especially on mobile devices.
    Wayne now that you mentioned CloudFlare, that is exactly when all this started. How come they didn't have a fix for these issues before switching over? The problems here just keep piling on. Now I have no way to search IP's when they come up that way being incomplete and or missing. The constant update approach without honing and fine tuning what has already been released will be my doing in. There are so many good features here that I can't utilize because of issues.
    thanks for your feedback
    Last edited by Carrfixr; Tue 30th Jul '19, 8:26am.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Most likely due to the change to CloudFlare for different services on Cloud.

Though many ISPs report both if they are available these days. Especially on mobile devices.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Ok maybe a dumb question

How come my personal IP shows as a IPv4 when I check it on an ip locator, but it shows on the forum as a IPv6?

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    When I get a VP user i’ll delete them. If they are for real they’ll contact me. I have not been spammed for well over a year now. I had a good system going up until now.

My only option now is to put them in moderation and screen the posts. The notification system for moderation is defective as well. . I have to keep checking to see if any posts were made that need to be moderated,
    Last edited by Carrfixr; Mon 29th Jul '19, 1:48pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
    I copied this IP into an IPv6 locator and it comes back invalid. copied right of the forum
    2603:301d:2102:
    That is just a fragment. It doesn't have enough information to track. IP Addresses aren't really a good way to track users anyway. I am pretty sure that I can find a VPN to say I am from any location on the planet and hide my actual IP.

IPv6 is becoming used more and more due to running out of IPv4 addresses. There simply aren't enough to allocate due to the growing number of security cameras, microphones, street lights, energy meters, light bulbs, phones, tablets, computers, satellites, cars, elevators, refrigerators, etc... that are using them. IPv4 can only handle just over 4 Billion devices in total. There are over 2 Billion smart phones in use today. IPv6 can handle 340 undecillion (or about a trillion billion) addresses.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 29th Jul '19, 1:34pm.

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    I copied this IP into an IPv6 locator and it comes back invalid. Copied right off the forum. Is the forum not showing the whole correct ID?
    2603:301d:2102:
    Last edited by Carrfixr; Mon 29th Jul '19, 1:28pm.

Leave a comment: