Sending out messages to users in a group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending out messages to users in a group

I am looking for a way to send a message to all members of a particular User group.

The case is that not all members are subscribing to a topic although I've assigned them to a group.

It appears that if I use direct messages I need to type in the particular members rather than a group name. Am I correct? If not, is there a way I can type in a group name which will capture all members of the group?

Or can it be done with Announcements or Stickies? I'm not seeing a way to do it.

Is there a way to email all members that have access to a channel?

Any other tips or thoughts?

Thank you.

Rich W.

The only way to send messages to a single usergroup is the "Send Email to Users" tool in the AdminCP. There is no way to send Private Messages to everyone in a group without adding their names manually. In the AdminCP go to Users -> Send Email to Users.

If you want to display something on the site, you can use the Notices functionality in the AdminCP. You can set individual notices to display to a specific usergroup. To create Notices go Notices -> Add New Notice in the AdminCP.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X