Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Latest Topics module is not updating since about your last update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Topics module is not updating since about your last update.

The Latest Topics module and likely the Recent Blog Posts and Trending modules as well are not updating. They used to work and maybe keep things up too long. I have not change them or the permissions. See images.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-07-09_9-01-42.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	4418250

Aside from "Recent Blog Posts", I don't know why they aren't populating. I've asked the Cloud Team to look at this issue.

Blogs are not populating because you haven't had a blog post in the last 30 days.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Please verify that the Latest Topic and Trending Modules are working correctly now.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Yes, they are working now. I noticed that someone added two modules to the center of the first page (forums) that are already on the right column. Not complaining but wonder if that was necessary to make it work. I can fix it. Actually, I think having the trending module at the top is center is good. These two are the Trending Module and Related Topics Module.

When I designed this about a year ago, I had to make the forums page serve both as the public per-registration page and the first page for the registered users. Since then you have change the navigation in the core application so that would not have been necessary. I have not gone back to redo that. Is that what caused the problem? If I need to separate the public and private first pages, what are the names of the two? What would I do?

Comment

I apologize if modules were added to the page. The main cause though is you were using JSON that restricted all of the modules to the blog channel.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Thank you, it is working now.
            I personally never edited any of those and I have never tried to understand JASON. It must have been that way all along with blogs appearing in them. Some users of the forum only use the blogs.

Comment