Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Site/Mobile Toggling on Mobile Phones

Hi,

We're running VBulletin Cloud v5.5.2. A user has reported that when they view the site on their mobile device (Iphone using Safari), it displays the full desktop version, not the mobile version. I asked them to clear their cache and try again, same result. When I view the site on either Android or IOS, they both automatically display the mobile site, with no option to view the full site if I wanted.
    There used to be an option on the bottom right hand side to choose between full site or mobile, has that gone in V5? How do users select full or mobile view on their phone?

Thanks,
    Fatportfolio

There is no choosing in vBulletin 5.X. The output is supposed to automatically change to the display. They are allowing Javascript? This is required to use vBulletin 5.X.

On iOS they can check Javascript under Settings -> Safari -> Advanced.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      There is no choosing in vBulletin 5.X. The output is supposed to automatically change to the display. They are allowing Javascript? This is required to use vBulletin 5.X.

On iOS they can check Javascript under Settings -> Safari -> Advanced.
      Hi,

Yes, they have Javascript enabled apparently. I've tested it on another iPhone (Safari) and that one is working ok. Is there another setting to try?

Thank,
      Fatportfolio.com

Comment

If they have a content blocker, it can be breaking the style. However, there are no settings in the software to control this. It is reliant on the CSS and Javascript on their phone. I cannot recreate this using iOS 12.X or 13 Beta.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment