How to unhide search box in CSS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to unhide search box in CSS

I think I've hidden the search box in CSS.. but I've forgotten how I did it.. anyone know how to make it reappear?

www.boxingworld.news

Search your css_additional.css template for display: none; for the search-box or placeholder

Delete or comment out the display:none;

Comment

Yea.. I know that part.. but which one? When I inspect other people's search box it doesn't match anything I put in CSS..

Comment

Ah.. actually.. the search box is there when posts & threads are present.. just wondering if I did remove it from the default main page position? If so.. how?

Like on this very page.. the search box is in 2 places right? How do I get it back at the very top-right hand?

Comment

Originally posted by Sneijder View Post
          Ah.. actually.. the search box is there when posts & threads are present.. just wondering if I did remove it from the default main page position? If so.. how?

Like on this very page.. the search box is in 2 places right? How do I get it back at the very top-right hand?
          I don't have access to your CSS. You could paste it here but Wayne Luke is more likely to be able to tell you the problem at a glance since he has access to cloud sites.

Comment

Nm.. it's got nothing to do with the CSS.. I just deleted it all with cut and paste.. and it's still not there on the very top hand right.

I thought it was hidden via CSS.. that's why I wondered how to bring it back etc..

Comment

But the search box is there when posts are present.. which is ok.. the way I prefer it..

Comment

Actually.. if any of the mods know how.. I'd still like to know..

Comment

Looking at your site, you have hidden the entire header above the navigation. The Search box is part of the header. You have done this through CSS or Javascript stuck somewhere.

If you want to hide the header and display the search box, you'll need to modify its location with CSS. I believe there is an list of steps to move it to the Navigation Bar over on https://vbmods.rocks.
                  Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Hmm.. I'm not sure then because when I delete everything in the CSS.. the logo which isn't uploaded appears.. but that's it.. no search box.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneijder View Post
                      Hmm.. I'm not sure then because when I delete everything in the CSS.. the logo which isn't uploaded appears.. but that's it.. no search box.
                      Did you comment out the header in the template? Did you delete part of the template?

Comment

Maybe I deleted it then.. the search box is fine just on the post page.. but I've just realized it doesn't seem to function properly.. even if there's only 2 threads.. it doesn't seem to find the content that I've posted.

Comment