No announcement yet.

Empty page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a guest, I see 48 and 25 topics for those forums respectively. What is the topic count that you're seeing for the second?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

I count 28 threads in the second one that shows 25
      vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

28 in this one which shows 25 on the count
        https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for.../motor-cooling

31 on this first page. I have the settings to 25 so why would it show 31? A total of 50 but it shows 48 in the count
        https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...erence-chassis

28 on the first page, again settings set to 25.
        https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...tion-reference

7 on this page but the count shows 8
        https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...ed/late-v-8-ab

27 shows on here but the module is set to 25
        https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...ted/model-a-ab

These are just some examples. There are other areas with the wrong amount of topics showing and thread counts
        vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

You should follow up in the bug report.

As for the one the shows 31 instead of 25 on the first page, you have six sticky topics. They will always show on the first page. One cloud site had 1,300 sticky topics in a single channel and the system tried to show them all on the first page.

Wayne Luke

Comment

• Carrfixr
            Carrfixr commented
            Editing a comment
            Tracker follow up done

Wayne the issue returned. I moved a post to this forum from another. Can you have the cloud team look at it?
          https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for.../motor-cooling

these are the two threads I maneuvered, but I don't remember the exact steps.
          https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...ntifreeze-info

https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...range-or-green

I'm just using the tools that are available for copying and moving posts and threads
          Last edited by Carrfixr; Wed 10th Jul '19, 6:37am.
          vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

It's showing a blank page 2
            vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

Please update the forum information under Maintenance -> General Update Details.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                Please update the forum information under Maintenance -> General Update Details.
                Ok task completed
                vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

Did it resolve the issue? If not, I need explicit step by step instructions on what you're copying and merging plus your work flow on doing so. It is the only way we will ever be able to track down the bug.

Wayne Luke

Comment

No it's the same. How can I get rid of the extra page? I'm showing 30 posts, but there is only 29 actual. Until the bug is found i'm going to need to have my site cleaned when this occurs.
                    Last edited by Carrfixr; Sat 13th Jul '19, 6:08pm.
                    vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

can any more assistance be off offered here or will it require a support ticket? i'm looking to get that one forum page 2 fixed.
                      vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
                        Until the bug is found i'm going to need to have my site cleaned when this occurs.
                        Until you provide the information asked for in post #24, we don't even know what the bug is at this time. We cannot recreate the issue on any test server. It is unique to your site. Saying "I just use the copy and merge tools provided" isn't a sufficient description of how you are using the software. We don't want to go to your LIVE site and randomly try things until the site breaks. We want to know how you're breaking it since you can consistently do this.

Wayne Luke

Comment

I've run the node fix tool on your site and do not see a second page.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                            I've run the node fix tool on your site and do not see a second page.
                            Apparently it is gone now since you ran that. I did run the FORUM INFORMATION tool last week when you asked me to which did not help. Is this the same thing you just did?
                            vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

No... What I ran tries to fix problematic nodes. These nodes are being created by however you are copying and moving data among your forums. Fixing these nodes can cause other problems such as causing soft deleted topics to reappear on the site. In fact, improperly deleted nodes are what is causing the extra page of topics in your forum pages. Why they are improperly deleted is unknown at this time.

Wayne Luke

Comment