• Show
Clear All

• JChaz
    replied
    Got it, thanks Wayne.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The module you have highlighted is the "Channel Navigation Module." As stated previously, you can add this to your Blog pages using Site Builder.

Leave a comment:

• JChaz
    replied
    Hi Wayne, apologies, I'm not being very clear about what I'm trying to do.

I have a couple of forum members who are good bloggers and would like to give them permissions to create blogs.

On the blogs tab, as here on the support forum it would just be an endless list of blog posts without any organisation.

Blog tab:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	blogs.JPG Views:	0 Size:	178.3 KB ID:	4412408

What I'm hoping to be able to do is give the blogs a bit of structure pretty much like the articles layout. So that each blogger has a Category which will form a list of blogs by user and therfore has a kind of structured listing for each of the bloggers
    Click image for larger version  Name:	articles.JPG Views:	0 Size:	185.9 KB ID:	4412409

So I take it from your reply that this may be possible as Blogger 1 would be Category 1, Blogger 2, Category 2, with sub categories made for subject matter which contains the posts. Its about organisation and presentation really, The blogs as here on the support forum is just a disorganised load of posts, with no reference menu to subject matter or particular blogger.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    On this page: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/articles

It doesn't list -

Category 1
    Anywhere. That is the confusing part. What is the URL that shows what you're seeing?

You cannot aggregate posts by Blogger. You can create the "Categories" menu on the left so that your Blogs are listed using the Channel Navigation Module. Each Blog is a sub-channel of the Blogs channel. It will not list individual posts. Only channels.

Leave a comment:

• JChaz
    replied
    I can't give examples as before we went vBulletin cloud we had the forum as part of a WP web site. The blogs were done on the Wordpress side.

But the default layout I have is that one of the tabs is "Blogs" so I wondered if this section could be set up in the same way as the Articles section. This would let me create the example it gave:

Blogger 1
    I could then give permissions to each blogger to create their respective blogs.

So its the Menu on the right that would distinguish each blogger, with blog psots organised instead of just a long list.

Nnot interested in what happens in the Acativity stream really, although I'm sure that anyone posting a new blog it would flow through to Activity Stream?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    There is no option to aggregate blog posts by author in the Activity Stream. You can switch the default tab of that module to list the blogs instead of the Activity stream.

The Article Pages use the "Channel Navigation Module" for the category menu. You can place this on Blog pages and change its settings to only show blogs.

All changes would be in Site Builder, not the AdminCP. If this doesn't do what you want, please provide concrete examples of what you're trying to duplicate.

Leave a comment:

• JChaz
    started a topic Blogs

Blogs

I'd like to use the Blogs for a few forum members, but rather than just have a messy mixture of blog posts stacked in a list, I'd like to arrange them similar to the system used in articles.

Blogger 1
    So there is a menu as per the articles

Then set permissions for just those users to post to their specific blog

Is this a simple change somewhere as in AdminCP Blogs does not have that function, or am I trying to use this the wrong way as intended?

Thanks

John