Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HTTPS & SSL?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HTTPS & SSL?

    Just received delivery of my new vB Cloud forum using my own domain. All fine changing the CNAME at Godaddy -- http://domainname and www.domainname both work as I would expect.

    But how do I get https:// to work and be default on my vB Cloud forum?

    Thanks in advance to anyone who can assist.

    Edit: This: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...itching-to-ssl
    Last edited by azooza; Mon 2nd Jul '18, 6:49pm.

  • #2
    It should happen automatically. When you enter your domain name with www or http it redirects to the cloud https version.

    __________________________________________
    We don't stop playing because we grow old;
    we grow old because we stop playing.
    GBS

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle View Post
      It should happen automatically. When you enter your domain name with www or http it redirects to the cloud https version.
      Thank you very much for your reply. That's what I thought. It just doesn't work: (domain=xyz.com) - without HTTPS/SSL it's pretty useless to me
      Last edited by azooza; Tue 3rd Jul '18, 7:55pm. Reason: Edited out domain name

      Comment


      • #4
        It looks like your site isn't set up properly yet, I just get a site inactive notice when I visit.

        Support will be able to advise you, someone will be along soon.
        __________________________________________
        We don't stop playing because we grow old;
        we grow old because we stop playing.
        GBS

        Comment


        • #5
          Have you activated your custom cloud domain? https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...r-cname-record

          Also it can take up to 48hrs for DNS to propogate.
          __________________________________________
          We don't stop playing because we grow old;
          we grow old because we stop playing.
          GBS

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle View Post
            Have you activated your custom cloud domain? https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...r-cname-record

            Also it can take up to 48hrs for DNS to propogate.
            Yes thank you, I have done that. This should also work for https/ssl (the link I was first given by vB) but doesn't: http://7f80da42237b-004140.vbulletin.net/

            I can see and enter the site with all browsers, so your seeing the 'site inactive notice' is probably a propagation issue?

            Thanks again!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by azooza View Post

              Yes thank you, I have done that. This should also work for https/ssl (the link I was first given by vB) but doesn't: http://7f80da42237b-004140.vbulletin.net/

              I can see and enter the site with all browsers, so your seeing the 'site inactive notice' is probably a propagation issue?

              Thanks again!
              That link take me to a bulletin page saying:

              Sorry, the board is unavailable at the moment while we are testing some functionality. We will be back soon...

              So yes it could be the DNS not completely propagated yet.
              __________________________________________
              We don't stop playing because we grow old;
              we grow old because we stop playing.
              GBS

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle View Post

                That link take me to a bulletin page saying:

                Sorry, the board is unavailable at the moment while we are testing some functionality. We will be back soon...

                So yes it could be the DNS not completely propagated yet.
                What you're seeing is correct. I have turned the public view off while waiting to set the board contents up. So DNS is working, but not https

                I'll have to bin all this if I can't get the SSL/HTTPS URL to work as it's supposed to - right out of the box.

                Thanks again!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Don't worry, support will work their magic and get you sorted.
                  __________________________________________
                  We don't stop playing because we grow old;
                  we grow old because we stop playing.
                  GBS

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Support will fix this, I can't from where I am right now as I need the relevant tools but we will fix it as soon as we can.
                    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                    TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
                    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I've regenerated a new SSL certificate for your site and it is on HTTPS now.
                      Translations provided by Google.

                      Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thank you very much!

                        Comment

                        Related Topics

                        Collapse

                        Working...
                        X