Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Email to notify about new members is not working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The email system is working. I was able to send a diagnostic email to my vbulletin.com email address and to a gmail.com email address.

Your email provider may block emails that come from a domain using a non-domain email address. Do you have any email addresses that match your domain?

Leave a comment:

• JGRnava
    replied
    This is a continuing problem and the last time the system sent an email to the notification address was on 6/16/13 at 11:04 PM. Is anything being done about this or do I have something wrong? The email you sent did not arrive.

Test message and message from others go to that mailbox fine. I reentered the email address in the field just in case but that did nothing.

Emails about something posts needing moderation go to the email address of the Super Moderator - Apparently because of his role.

The address in question is also the address of the "Administrator" account - not my account which is the primary administrator.

Last edited by JGRnava; Wed 27 Jun '18, 6:59pm.

Leave a comment:

• JGRnava
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    I just told the system to send a diagnostic email to the address you have entered in the settings. Did you receive it?
    No. I did not receive anything on the address I have in the registration settings. I have not received anything on that address from the system since 6/16/18.
    I did send a test message to that address from another email of my own and it worked.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I just told the system to send a diagnostic email to the address you have entered in the settings. Did you receive it?

Leave a comment:

• JGRnava
    started a topic Email to notify about new members is not working.

Email to notify about new members is not working.

I put an email address in the "Email Address to Notify About New Members" field in Settings/Registrations but emails are not being received. I just checked that the address is working, it is.