Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Registered user cannot created new topic - vBulletin

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Registered user cannot created new topic - vBulletin

    Registered user of my vbulletin site is not able to create new topic in any forum. All the appropriate permissions are set to Yes. This is puzzling and frustrating.

  • #2
    Click image for larger version

Name:	moderation.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	4391100

    When a new user registers, the user sees this information. However, the moderator (myself) does not get notified about moderating this new user.

    Comment


    • #3
      In the admin CP >settings>user registration options
      you can enter an email address to be notified of new users
      __________________________________________
      We don't stop playing because we grow old;
      we grow old because we stop playing.
      GBS

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle View Post
        In the admin CP >settings>user registration options
        you can enter an email address to be notified of new users
        Okay, what happens when that email address is left blank? The new registered user cannot create new topic on the forum?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by gabbarsingh View Post

          Okay, what happens when that email address is left blank? The new registered user cannot create new topic on the forum?
          I thought you were saying they can't post until you have moderated them but were not getting a notification of the new member so you could do it.

          By entering an email address you will be notified.

          When you moderate new members they won't be able to post until you have activated their account.

          ​​​​​if you don't want to moderate new members you can turn it off on the same page where you can enter the email address. They should then be able to post as soon as they join and won't get that message appear.
          Last edited by MrsTiggywinkle; Tue 8 May '18, 11:51am. Reason: Adding info
          __________________________________________
          We don't stop playing because we grow old;
          we grow old because we stop playing.
          GBS

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by gabbarsingh View Post

            Okay, what happens when that email address is left blank? The new registered user cannot create new topic on the forum?
            You have new registrations set up to be moderated. They will not be able to post until you moderate and approve their request to join in the AdminCP.

            There is a link on the front page in the information table that says "Users to Moderate: X". You need to click on this link. Once you do, then you can approve users and they can start posting. Until you do so, they are not actually registered and will be prevented from posting. The email only notifies that someone is awaiting moderation.

            New User Moderation is off by default so this is an option that you enabled in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> User Registration Options. If you do not want to moderate and approve every new user, then you should turn this setting off.

            Translations provided by Google.

            Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

              You have new registrations set up to be moderated. They will not be able to post until you moderate and approve their request to join in the AdminCP.

              There is a link on the front page in the information table that says "Users to Moderate: X". You need to click on this link. Once you do, then you can approve users and they can start posting. Until you do so, they are not actually registered and will be prevented from posting. The email only notifies that someone is awaiting moderation.

              New User Moderation is off by default so this is an option that you enabled in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> User Registration Options. If you do not want to moderate and approve every new user, then you should turn this setting off.
              Thanks

              I need more help in finding the link on the front page in the information table that says, "Users to Moderate:X"

              Update: I found the link.
              Last edited by gabbarsingh; Tue 8 May '18, 12:45pm.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by gabbarsingh View Post

                Thanks

                I need more help in finding the link on the front page in the information table that says, "Users to Moderate:X"
                Just here, marked with the arrow

                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180508-214153_wm.png
Views:	62
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	4391111
                __________________________________________
                We don't stop playing because we grow old;
                we grow old because we stop playing.
                GBS

                Comment


                • #9
                  How do I find a list of registered users?
                  How do I moderate posts made by registered users?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle View Post

                    Just here, marked with the arrow

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180508-214153_wm.png
Views:	62
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	4391111
                    Thank you Mrs. T

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      There is an article on my website that has 1 comment. This comment is inactive, registered user cannot see the comment. Registered user cannot add additional comment. How do I assign permission to a registered user to see this comment and add further comments.

                      Comment

                      Related Topics

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X