Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Search for members using multiple accounts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search for members using multiple accounts?

Is it possible to run a search of all members that may share IP addresses? Not one specific IP at a time. I can't find how to do it if it's possible.

We would like to do this to see if we have members using multiple accounts.

There isn't any way to do this. You can search for a user's IP Address and see if others are using the same address. Duplicate IP usage doesn't necessarily mean there are duplicate accounts.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

In the Search for Users page in AdminCP, enable "Display IP Address" option. You may increase the Max Results too. Then copy and paste the results in Excel. Then in Excel, you can Filter the data by the IP Address column. From there, you would be able to see the duplicate IPs.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

I will try this tmrw. We have issues with 'problem' members using multiple accounts to get their point across or to work around a ban. Hoping this will help us watch them better.

Comment

That works! It will take some time to get them all in there, but the first 100 or so show me it works. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Flash04jv View Post
            That works! It will take some time to get them all in there, but the first 100 or so show me it works. Thanks!
            Please remember what Wayne said:

Duplicate IP usage doesn't necessarily mean there are duplicate accounts.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X