Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My ads, Google, Rotation?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My ads, Google, Rotation?

    Forgive me for being so dumb. I have searched and I just cannot find the answer?

    i upgraded my site from vb4 to the cloud. Now Iím in the set up stage, trying to get it looking, feeling, and functioning the same.

    I used to use a 3rd party plugin to feed my rotating ads. But now I for the life of me cannot figure out how to make this work? I have companies who pay to advertise on my site, similar to Google Adsense, but they just pay me directly. I want one banner to show up at a time, just like google AdSense, but I want it to be MY ADS.. I donít mind sharing that space with google, but I cannot figure out if that is possible too. Like google shows there ad, then it shows my ad, can you do that from AdSense?

    im so confused. What are others doing? Currently I have about 10 advertisers, but after the first of the year I expect that to triple, maybe even more? What do you recommend?

    kirk

  • #2
    You can place ads on the page using the Ad Module. Click Edit Page while Site Builder is active, Add the Ad Module where you want it.

    There is no ad rotator though. You would have to create some sort of javascript to rotate them. If you need something more controlled, then you should look into an Ad Manager like Doubleclick (by Google) or AdButler.
    Translations provided by Google.

    Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      You can place ads on the page using the Ad Module. Click Edit Page while Site Builder is active, Add the Ad Module where you want it.

      There is no ad rotator though. You would have to create some sort of javascript to rotate them. If you need something more controlled, then you should look into an Ad Manager like Doubleclick (by Google) or AdButler.
      Wayne: THANK YOU!!! You are most helpful....I tried to understand the GOOGLE ONE...but, I think it's more for the REALLY, REALLY big crowd.....I settled on AdButler....it is EXACTLY what I was wanting...you are the best.

      Thanks again!

      Kirk

      Comment


      • #4
        Wayne.....I just had to thank you one more time!!!!! I spent HOURS yesterday trying to figure this out...and in 2 sentences you solved my problem and I have it up and running!!! Thanks again!!!

        Kirk

        Comment


        • #5
          Will something like this work for you?

          https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin...-banner-script

          vB Mods That Rock!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
            Will something like this work for you?

            https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin...-banner-script
            It might! Thank you!!!

            Kirk

            Comment


            • #7
              So were you able to get your banners to rotate? I spent forever trying to make that happen. Trying to rotate 4 available spots, with unlimited ads waiting to rotate into place each time the page is reloaded. It works, but too often the same ad shows in more than one spot. I can't figure out how to make that stop happening.

              I want an 85/15 template so bad it's not funny. Would really help our spacing issues.

              Comment


              • #8
                YES,..with AdButler.com

                Kirk

                Comment


                • #9
                  Good deal! Thanks, looking for a free option. Tried the vbmods code, doesn't fit my needs tho.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Flash04jv View Post
                    So were you able to get your banners to rotate? I spent forever trying to make that happen. Trying to rotate 4 available spots, with unlimited ads waiting to rotate into place each time the page is reloaded. It works, but too often the same ad shows in more than one spot. I can't figure out how to make that stop happening.
                    You would need more complication Javascript that records the last image shown.

                    Translations provided by Google.

                    Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Hello, I also tried to find a good solution for rotating banners with various tools. I did not manage a really good one.
                      I have too little expertise for that. I think it makes sense when vbulletin, they have a lot more experience and knowledge,
                      would offer a user-friendly solution as a paid additional module

                      Please excuse my bad english

                      Regards

                      Comment

                      Related Topics

                      Collapse

                      Working...
                      X