Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

change the colour of all links and add underlining?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshua Gonzales
    replied
    Yeah thats what that does. braintrainnerd was just looking to change the color of some software text. Thats a great find though Carrfixr !
    Definitely very useful if people are having trouble recognizing links or if you want to make them stand out more.
    Loving the community interaction here! You guys rock!

Leave a comment:

• braintrainnerd
    replied
    Originally posted by Carrfixr View Post
    I am not sure...that only appears to change the colour of text links in posts?

Leave a comment:

• Carrfixr
    replied
    Is this what your looking for?
    https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...-in-posts-only

Leave a comment:

• Joshua Gonzales
    replied
    Yeah a theme will change those colors, but if you like the theme and just not the color of the links that is how you would change it.

Leave a comment:

• braintrainnerd
    replied
    Thanks a lot Joshua. I appreciate it.

I've discovered that the colour of the links is based on the style of the website. I had chosen 'the Orange and Purple' style, and that is why the links were dark purple. Once I changed the style to 'Red', the links were red site-wide, and this made it easy to differentiate from normal text.

Leave a comment:

• Joshua Gonzales
    replied
    Login to your Admin Control Panel:
    AdminCP > Styles > Style Manager
    For the style you wish to edit, select Style Variable Editor from the drop down.

On the next page in the search bar type in "body_link"
    That will reveal all options for the link text throughout your site.
    Link_color will change the base color of the text, link_color_hover will change the color the text changes to when hovering over the text with the mouse, link_decoration will allow you to choose underlining and then link_decoration_hover will allow you to choose underlining or another decoration to appear when hovering over the link.

Leave a comment:

• change the colour of all links and add underlining?

I've noticed that the links are very dark in colour, so much so that they are almost indistinguishable from normal black text. This creates a problem when the link is mixed with normal text, and people don't even realise that there is a link.

For example, please refer to the attached pic of the member registration page. "terms and rules" is actually a link, but it is not immediately obvious that it is a link. A person reading this last sentence would not know to click on "terms and rules" to read it, and therefore would not agree to it, since they have not read it and don't know where to find it.

How can I change the colour of links to differentiate them from normal text? I would also like to add underlining to make it obvious that it is a link. In particular I would like to make the link in the registration page more obvious.

Thank you.