Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• text in "Create New Topic" textbox is too small

Hi all.

When a user is in the process of creating a new topic, the type and size of the text in the title does not match the type and size in the textbox.

The problem is that the text in the textbox is too small, requiring the user to squint and then readjust the text size. This is an unnecessary annoyance.

Is there a way in the settings to match the text style and size in the textbox with that in the title?

Thanks!

It appears that this problem only exists for certain forum styles, Denim in particular.

I changed the style and the problem is gone.

But I do like the Denim style the most, so if somebody can fix that in Denim that would be awesome.

Comment

Put this (or what ever you want to style it) in your additional.css
      Replace the red part with your code.

Code:
      #cke_1_contents .b-editor__placeholder {
        font-family: "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
          color:red !important;
          font-size:40px;
      }
      vBulletin-Forum.de closed!

Comment

Thanks delicjous.

Comment

Thank you also

Comment

Originally posted by delicjous View Post
            Put this (or what ever you want to style it) in your additional.css
            Replace the red part with your code.

Code:
            #cke_1_contents .b-editor__placeholder {
             font-family: "Times New Roman", Times, serif;
            color:red !important;
            font-size:40px;
            }
            Can you please tell me where "additional.css" is? I've tried searching for it in AdminCP but have had no luck.

Thank you.

Comment

Next to Admin
              Styles>>CSS

Comment

Originally posted by braintrainnerd View Post

Can you please tell me where "additional.css" is? I've tried searching for it in AdminCP but have had no luck.

Thank you.
                This is what the red code achieves, it changes the default "Write something...". Once I start typing my message, the font in the text box becomes too small again.

Does anyone know the actual code CSS to increase the size of the font as the user is typing their message in the text box?
                Thank you.

EDIT: This problem only applies for particular website styles ie. Grunge style and Denim style. I really like these two styles and would like a solution to this problem, if there is one.
                Last edited by braintrainnerd; Wed 1st Nov '17, 3:46pm.

Comment

To change the text, color, size etc when typing a reply you need top use the enhanced editor. The problem is it will not save your settings, so every time a reply is made the res-ponder needs to do the same thing again and again.
                  If this is what your issue is please vote for this fix.
                  http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-17862

Comment

I am not sure if we are talking about the same thing. My issue is not about how the text appears after a topic or reply has been posted ie. size and color.

My issue is that while the message is being typed, the font is too small in the textbox. After the message is posted, the font appears normal.

Comment

Yes this is the same thing

You can adjust the text your typing by using the enhanced editor. That is the A button next to the smiley face in the reply box. My issue is i will not save your settings a royal PIA

Comment

I think you can't write a css to change the textsize because the user have the ability to change the size.
                        Which style you are using?
                        vBulletin-Forum.de closed!

Comment

Just to be clear on something - whilst the editor can be programmed to display the advanced toolbar all the time (a plugin does this on the self-hosted product which is why it won't work for Cloud), this is NOT the same as saving what you select in the dropdowns, and it won't do that. Even if the advanced editor displays all the time, you will still need to select sizes and colors. And that to me is the right way, otherwise you will have users making all their posts in enormous red text.

To have it remember sizes and colours you'd at the very least need a cookie setting, but even this wouldn't be ideal as it wouldn't carry from device to device, so you'd actually need a series of user settings that the editor writes to and stores in the database - this would be a major piece of work for very little benefit.

My demo site https://www.talknewsuk.com features the editor working in advanced mode all the time, obviously you need an account to see it but any throwaway email will do, they aren't verified as it's only a demo.
                          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
                          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Screenshot of editor in advanced mode:
                            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
                            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                              Just to be clear on something - whilst the editor can be programmed to display the advanced toolbar all the time (a plugin does this on the self-hosted product which is why it won't work for Cloud), this is NOT the same as saving what you select in the dropdowns, and it won't do that. Even if the advanced editor displays all the time, you will still need to select sizes and colors. And that to me is the right way, otherwise you will have users making all their posts in enormous red text.

To have it remember sizes and colours you'd at the very least need a cookie setting, but even this wouldn't be ideal as it wouldn't carry from device to device, so you'd actually need a series of user settings that the editor writes to and stores in the database - this would be a major piece of work for very little benefit.

My demo site https://www.talknewsuk.com features the editor working in advanced mode all the time, obviously you need an account to see it but any throwaway email will do, they aren't verified as it's only a demo.
                              Mark many of our users prefer to write all their posts using a certain style and color font. Regarding about continuously posting in enormously sized fonts i don't see that happening and if it did just a quick conversation would rectify that. As for having the EE staying open that is not really needed IMO
                              The PIA is having to go back in and set the color and font style for each and every post

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X