Searching the member list option not available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching the member list option not available

We have several user profile fields and these have a variety of options when setting them up:

Editable by member
    Field searchable on member list
    Show on member list

The fields can be edited by the member but even though 'searchable on member list' and 'show on member list' are both set to yes, they don't appear on the member list and in fact there is no way at all to search the member list except if you know a members name and use the alphabetical listings.

Do we have to enable a member search option?

Or is this another thing that is mentioned in AdminCP but no longer works?

Member list searching was never implemented on vB5 I'm afraid.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
      Member list searching was never implemented on vB5 I'm afraid.
      Thanks Mark, I thought that might be the case.

However, it more or less renders the members list useless ...... Try searching for me on here. There are 2318 pages of members beginning with 'T', page 1000 is not far enough, page 2000 is too far. So you have to keep clicking on pages in between to finally find the page containing the member you are looking for.

Also and I don't want to sound negative because we love our vB5 on the Cloud, but it is really, really frustrating to carefully follow instructions in the AdminCP panel only to find things don't work, spend a couple of hours trying to find out why, then when you ask support you are told they are no longer in use.

Would it be possible to start a list of things that need removing from the AdmindCP, that members can add to, with a view to having them removed?

Comment

I don't disagree. It's something that needs implementing. There's an improvement request for it somewhere in the Tracker, I'll try and dig it out later. I would guess it's probably not a five minute job to implement though.

Aroind the time of vB5 there were thoughts that a member list was actually obsolete. I don't think the early alphas of vB5 had one at all. Long time ago now though and I might be misremembering that.

As for obsolete AdminCP options, most releases generally get rid of a few. This one might need its own tracker entry, but then the decision has to be "do we remove this? Are we planning on bringing the functionality back?". In some cases the plan is to bring it back at some point so the option gets left in.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thanks Mark, appreciate your detailed explanation, it makes sense to leave them if they might come back one day.

I'll just have to continue bombarding you with questions ......... I'm sure I hear a collective sigh from the support team when they see my name appear

Comment

JIRA to add searching to the Member List - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-10609
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment