Reported/Flagged Post issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reported/Flagged Post issue?

This just started happening since the last update. When a user reports/flags a post. It no longer shows the specific post that was flagged. Just the thread the post is located in. That makes it really hard for us to know exactly which post was flagged.

Any way to change this back? Or why it changed?

We also stopped receiving email notifications for these flagged posts.

Have a look at: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-17731

Comment

Looks like that will solve the email issue when corrected, thanks!

Doesn't look like this is going to fix the ability too see the specific post flagged tho.

Comment

While they are working on it, they should have the flagged post automatically generate a thread, to a selectable channel. Our Mods really miss that feature since switching to Cloud.

Comment

Figured this would start working with the recent update. Doesn't seem to be working for any of us. No notifications.

Comment

Sweet, seems to be working now. Idk if someone did something for us what, but thanks if you did.

Comment

I still don't like the way flagged posts work. We have no way to tell exactly what comment or reply was flagged. The notification in the email or message center just takes you to the top or bottom of the page, not the post flagged. Doesn't even tell you the post #, nothing. We just have to guess what post a user flagged. Just yesterday our mods were all scanning a page trying to decide which post was flagged.

Or am I just missing something? Flagged post seems to be a worthless feature right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash04jv View Post
                I still don't like the way flagged posts work. We have no way to tell exactly what comment or reply was flagged. The notification in the email or message center just takes you to the top or bottom of the page, not the post flagged. Doesn't even tell you the post #, nothing. We just have to guess what post a user flagged. Just yesterday our mods were all scanning a page trying to decide which post was flagged.

Or am I just missing something? Flagged post seems to be a worthless feature right now.
                Something isn't right with your set up if that's happening. A flagged post should take you straight to the individual post.

You may need to put a support ticket in so we can have a look at things, though if it needs to be escalated to the Cloud Development team they are not around now until next week due to the US Thanksgiving holiday.
                MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
                AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Flash04jv I've just been on your site and made a test thread with a reply, and reported / flagged both.

Upon going to the reported posts section of the message centre, and clicking on the report notice, the 'Go to post' link takes me directly to the specific post.

You do need to click 'Go to post', the main title only takes you to the thread itself.

Screenshot below where I have rather crudely circled what you need to click.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	4381763

Comment

We used to have that button Mark. We are not seeing it anymore. Is it possible a CSS I am using hid it?

Comment

I just asked the mods again, 2 of the ones that have responded do not see the 'Go to Post' button, neither does another director.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash04jv View Post
                        I just asked the mods again, 2 of the ones that have responded do not see the 'Go to Post' button, neither does another director.
                        I don't think they are looking in the right place.

They have to click through the notification to get to the report proper.

There is no way for a static link like that to show to some people and not others. The software doesn't have such a capability.

Comment

So first I go to the Message Center. Then into the Reported Posts.

Comment

And then I click the Reported Post I want to view. After clicking I see no 'Go to Post' button. This is what we are all seeing. I assume we are all on our phones right now, I haven't checked this on my PC yet.

Comment

Current thread I tested. Same result.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X