How To Ad Share Buttons?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Ad Share Buttons?!

I set up the Facebook connect and that works, i see from old posts 'don't bother ' with the share post etc. BUT where can i add simple share to FB or Twitter etc buttons? My classifieds has ALL the mjor network share buttons, what can i use so it shows up in each post? This is an affiliate marketing forum so sharehsarehsare is key?

In the upcoming 5.3.3 version which is currently in RC2, it has the FB and Twitter share buttons in each post in a thread as you can see here.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
      In the upcoming 5.3.3 version which is currently in RC2, it has the FB and Twitter share buttons in each post in a thread as you can see here.
      In the cloud version too? When? ten years?

Comment

• Glenn Vergara
        Glenn Vergara commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. Cloud version is the same version as the self-hosted download version only with some restrictions. When is the release? Not 10 years. Maybe 10 days or so.

Hope you are right Glenn Vergara . Will it be automatic, do you know? Or will we have to set it up in control?

Comment

• Glenn Vergara
        Glenn Vergara commented
        Editing a comment
        From what I read here, vBCloud owners are emailed when their forum will be upgraded.

Originally posted by Bob Carson View Post

In the cloud version too? When? ten years?
      5.3.3 is very close to release. Cloud sites are generally upgraded within a few weeks of the full release.
      Quite likely you will be running 5.3.3 well within a month.

One of the major benefits to the Cloud platform is that we upgrade your site, promptly, and you don't have to worry.

You can see the share buttons on this very site.

<----------------
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

5.3.3 is very close to release. Cloud sites are generally upgraded within a few weeks of the full release.
        Quite likely you will be running 5.3.3 well within a month.

One of the major benefits to the Cloud platform is that we upgrade your site, promptly, and you don't have to worry.

You can see the share buttons on this very site.

<----------------
        That is a terrible place to add the share buttons, will be confusing to 90%, take it from a nineteen year marketing and viral traffic master, website designer etc. People will think, PEOPLE not robots, will think they are sharing the members profile. AND what about some of the most popular sites? Linkedin is BIGGER than Facebook for advertisers for one, and Instagram for virality. The buttons should be in the post, at the bottom, and should contain at least five of the major networks like most other sites do. This is so 1990's, sorry to say. Anyways I can recode it for myself if i have access to the files. Looks like i'll need to move off cloud and get it done right.

Comment

That is a terrible place to add the share buttons, will be confusing to 90%, take it from a nineteen year marketing and viral traffic master, website designer etc. People will think, PEOPLE not robots, will think they are sharing the members profile. AND what about some of the most popular sites? Linkedin is BIGGER than Facebook for advertisers for one, and Instagram for virality. The buttons should be in the post, at the bottom, and should contain at least five of the major networks like most other sites do. This is so 1990's, sorry to say. Anyways I can recode it for myself if i have access to the files. Looks like i'll need to move off cloud and get it done right.
          You can always raise an improvement request in the tracker including your observations.
          Support cannot do anything about the positioning of the buttons, but the developers can if it's deemed to be a valid priority.

It may also be possible to move them with css. I haven't looked at the code but Glenn Vergara may have an idea on how feasible this is. css can be added to Cloud.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

You can always raise an improvement request in the tracker including your observations.
            Support cannot do anything about the positioning of the buttons, but the developers can if it's deemed to be a valid priority.

It may also be possible to move them with css. I haven't looked at the code but Glenn Vergara may have an idea on how feasible this is. css can be added to Cloud.
            Thanks, hopefully Glenn Vergara has a solution. It should be real simple, it is in other coding I have done. Makes more sense to have the Share block appear in posts, not profile! Its not a dating network, its a forum for Petes sake lol!

Comment

Thanks, hopefully Glenn Vergara has a solution. It should be real simple, it is in other coding I have done. Makes more sense to have the Share block appear in posts, not profile! Its not a dating network, its a forum for Petes sake lol!
              I agree they are distracting ..They pop out more than the avatars
              Glenn will fix it up
              Last edited by Carrfixr; Mon 18th Sep '17, 10:01am.
              vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

I checked and it's not possible to move using pure CSS. Once I install 5.3.3, I will check if it's possible to re-implement the social buttons using template hook and re-use the same template(s) and move to the bottom of the posts.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

• Stigur
                  Stigur commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Glenn, do you think it is possible to hide the facebook and twitter share icons? I run a forum where a lot of the members aren't big on social media and don't want their posts to be shares willy nilly. Would love for it to be a way to disable and hide those buttons

• Glenn Vergara
                  Glenn Vergara commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You can enable both buttons in AdminCP > Settings > Options > Topic Display Options.

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
                I checked and it's not possible to move using pure CSS. Once I install 5.3.3, I will check if it's possible to re-implement the social buttons using template hook and re-use the same template(s) and move to the bottom of the posts.
                Awesome! Now THATS the way to make me feel great about my purchase Look forwards, make sure you add at least the top marketing networks. Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Reddit, Pinterest, Instagram

Comment

• Glenn Vergara
                  Glenn Vergara commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Are you moving out of vBCloud as you mentioned? The likely solution (if at all possible) will not be allowed in vBCloud. Otherwise, this would be a hacky JS solution as vBCloud does not allow template hooks.

This is the best? omg..why cant they add it in cloud?

Comment

Template hooks aren't available in Cloud, mainly for security reasons.

Comment

If you want this to be properly and officially implemented by vB, then you need to raise an improvement request in JIRA as Mark suggested.

Comment

Here's the link for raising an improvement request:
                      http://tracker.vbulletin.com/secure/...91&issuetype=4

Just fill in the SUMMARY and DESCRIPTION fields, our team will sort out the rest.

You can post the resulting link back here if you wish.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X