Header ad HTML module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Header ad HTML module

In all other ad modules you can choose which devices can see adverts (Desktop, small or extra small) thus making it possible to show one ad if they are using mobile and another if they are using desktop but you don't have that option in the header module which puts an advert above the logo.

So you have to put an extra small one so that it doesn't make the site wide on mobile but then on desktop it looks tiny.

Is this something that could be added? Or is there a way around it?

Hmm... I don't think you need to put a tiny one. I think it might adjust it enough automatically without needing the resize/view options. Have you tried it?
    -- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
    -- Ads available for the modules globally
    -- Global modules
    -- Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)

Comment

Hi Joshua,

Yes I've tried it, this is what it looks like on android, the forum looks ok and fits the screen but the banner goes out over the edge and you can scroll to the right.

Comment

You should be able to get the code of the ad by inspecting it or looking at the page source. That should have identifiable information that can be targetted via CSS. Or you can wrap the ad in your own HTML that assigns a CSS ID that you can work with.

From there, you can hide, adjust sizes, etc... based on screen size.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Are you using Google Adsense? They have responsive ad units which you should use. If not Adsense, then find out if the ad provider has responsive ads support.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Yes I am using Adsense Glenn but I tried a responsive ad first and it just blew the page, pushing all the content down. However, having started some research on Wayne's idea I found an AdSense article where you can force a responsive ad to stay within a maximum size and define it for various devices. All without breaking Adsense TOS on editing the code. So I am going to give that a go.

Thanks both for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsTiggywinkle View Post
              Yes I am using Adsense Glenn but I tried a responsive ad first and it just blew the page, pushing all the content down. However, having started some research on Wayne's idea I found an AdSense article where you can force a responsive ad to stay within a maximum size and define it for various devices. All without breaking Adsense TOS on editing the code. So I am going to give that a go.

Thanks both for your help.
              Can you post the link for the article you found

Thanks in advance

vB Mods That Rock!

Comment

Yes it is here Carrfixr

https://support.google.com/adsense/a...07124?hl=en-GB

I've managed to implement it but so far it is only showing a small ad on desktop and nothing on mobile. I'm going to leave it for the day and see what happens, maybe there are just no suitable responsive adverts to feed to it at the moment

Good luck, let me know if it works for you

Comment