How to use calendar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use calendar?

Hi, Im just confused as to how to add events to the calendar and how to make lists.

I treid editing them by going to edit page and didnt see any way i could add or edit the calnder to add events.

i believe the idea is to make a forum for posting "events" content.....

right? would be sort of nice if it could tie directly to the calendar tho....perhaps an add event button that redirects to the events forum or idk

Comment

You go into your channels (Forums, Articles, Blogs, Groups). You create Event topics. They show up on the Calendar.

The Calendar is just a search display. You don't create events on it directly.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by IggyP View Post
        i believe the idea is to make a forum for posting "events" content.....

right? would be sort of nice if it could tie directly to the calendar tho....perhaps an add event button that redirects to the events forum or idk
        The system doesn't understand the concept of an "Events Forum" so this would be more difficult to implement. There is a JIRA open for it.

However, if someone has a specific forum they want users to add events to then they could create such a button with the "Static HTML" module.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

The system doesn't understand the concept of an "Events Forum" so this would be more difficult to implement. There is a JIRA open for it.

However, if someone has a specific forum they want users to add events to then they could create such a button with the "Static HTML" module.
          I've been looking into doing this and the only issue so far is that there needs to be a way to have such an events forum default the content type to event. Looks like it needs doing programmatically with JavaScript.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

I've been looking into doing this and the only issue so far is that there needs to be a way to have such an events forum default the content type to event. Looks like it needs doing programmatically with JavaScript.
            I posted in the thread you started on my site the snippets of the Javascript code needed to programmatically click the Event icon.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post

I posted in the thread you started on my site the snippets of the Javascript code needed to programmatically click the Event icon.
              Yep...just haven't managed to get it working yet....
              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Is it possible to stop events from showing up in the list of topics?

Comment

Originally posted by burktelefon View Post
                  Is it possible to stop events from showing up in the list of topics?
                  No. You can remove them from search modules by editing the modules and unchecking the Event content type. However, they will always show in the topic list when visiting forums.

Wayne Luke

Comment