Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

add more than one poll/event in a topic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [BLD]
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
    I made this suggestion early on, it got some positive feedback but it has not yet been implemented- http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-9535 - feel free to vote for it.
    ah nvm, just found it on left side. thank you

Leave a comment:

• [BLD]
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe D. View Post
    I made this suggestion early on, it got some positive feedback but it has not yet been implemented- http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-9535 - feel free to vote for it.
    thanks for the link but where to vote? I don't understand the page

Leave a comment:

• Joe D.
    replied

Leave a comment:

• [BLD]
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    Wow, so you want to have 168 different checkboxes at the top of a single topic? Have you even tried photoshopping that to see how that would even look?!

Personally, I'd go with one topic per day as even at 24 different options...
    Not really, but your publication meant having 168 checkboxes or maybe a misunderstanding "You can allow multiple choice for a poll. So you would have your 7 options and users can vote for multiple choices."

and not necessary all poll/event at the top of a topic but also a option to add event/poll when posting inside topic for example

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    You might be better looking at somewhere like Doodle:

http://doodle.com/en_GB/

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Wow, so you want to have 168 different checkboxes at the top of a single topic? Have you even tried photoshopping that to see how that would even look?!

Personally, I'd go with one topic per day as even at 24 different options...

Leave a comment:

• [BLD]
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    You can allow multiple choice for a poll. So you would have your 7 options and users can vote for multiple choices.
    I know about multiple choice but it still doesn't solve the problem for my daily event example.

"TOPIC"

Monday event schedule vote :

1st Poll

(multiple choice
    1am
    2am
    3am
    etc ..

tuesday

2nd poll

(multiple choice)

1am
    2am
    3am
    etc ...

total polls needed (7) supposing for a daily event

Explain me how you expect to set 7 options (days) and 24 options for each days (schedules) in a single poll

it would be good if there were a way to add "poll/event" when posting inside the topic

or a community calendar where members could vote/aptempt on upcoming events could be the solution ... is this kind of features available in vbulletin? if not, is that possible via external?
    Last edited by [BLD]; Tue 11th Apr '17, 3:32am.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You can allow multiple choice for a poll. So you would have your 7 options and users can vote for multiple choices.

Leave a comment:

• [BLD]
    replied
    Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post
    The poll system was designed to only have one poll per topic.

In my opinion, it wouldn't​ make sense to have multiple polls in one topic. I've never seen something like that. That might cause more confusion and unnecessary replies and comments such as "which poll were you referring to?" and contribute to more "garbage" in your forum.
    Not in the case of a subject that appeals to several votes concerning the same subject.

Example: I want to organize a daily event and I want members to vote for the schedules.

A single topic for several poll will definitely less "garbage" than 7 topic for 7 votes.

And imagine what my site will look like after only one month ..

Leave a comment:

• Glenn Vergara
    replied
    The poll system was designed to only have one poll per topic.

In my opinion, it wouldn't​ make sense to have multiple polls in one topic. I've never seen something like that. That might cause more confusion and unnecessary replies and comments such as "which poll were you referring to?" and contribute to more "garbage" in your forum.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    No, sorry, this isn't possible.

Leave a comment:

• [BLD]
    started a topic add more than one poll/event in a topic?

add more than one poll/event in a topic?

Hello,

I wanted to know if there's a way to add more than one poll/event in a topic.
    just asking because my forum start to look a bit like "garbage" with that much topics ....
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X