Upload an attachment doesn't works for high files size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload an attachment doesn't works for high files size

I tried to upload an attachment (rar (about 90mb)) in a post but I get an error message.

On the other hand, when I try to upload the same file type (rar) about 4 mb, it works.

I have allowed the extension (rar) and have increased the limit of file size in the adminCP but it doesn't seems to change anything....

Attached Files

PHP Max Upload size is 15MB - only vBulletin can change that as it's server side.

Comment

Originally posted by Macro Man View Post
      PHP Max Upload size is 15MB - only vBulletin can change that as it's server side.
      Thnaks for reply, what I have to do?

Comment

There's nothing you can do, it doesn't matter what size you set in your admin control panel - it can't be higher than the limit set in the PHP configuration, which can only be changed by vBulletin. You can either wait for a response on here or if you have ticket support I would raise a ticket from the member's area.

Comment

There's nothing you can do, it doesn't matter what size you set in your admin control panel - it can't be higher than the limit set in the PHP configuration, which can only be changed by vBulletin. You can either wait for a response on here or if you have ticket support I would raise a ticket from the member's area.
          Thanks, I will wait for a response ...

Comment

We fill our upload settings are quite liberal at this time and do not plan on changing them.

I suggest using a Cloud Sharing site and then providing a shared link to your users.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
              We fill our upload settings are quite liberal at this time and do not plan on changing them.

I suggest using a Cloud Sharing site and then providing a shared link to your users.
              I see but thats a real problem for me and my project with that's moslty based on that feature.
              I mean, what is the point with this "attachment" if I can't even upload higher file size?
              and plus I didn't bought your plan to use any external cloud to share files with my users....

I feel very diseappointed now because I was completely satisfied with your product.
              Last edited by [BLD]; Thu 16th Mar '17, 1:35pm.

Comment

~10MB - 15MB is pretty standard across the industry for handling file uploads to be honest.

If everyone could upload huge file sizes, then that means a lot more work for the servers. That means higher management costs. That means it costs more per month for us as users.

You can always go for a self-hosted solutions instead and manage your own PHP limits?

Comment

~10MB - 15MB is pretty standard across the industry for handling file uploads to be honest.

If everyone could upload huge file sizes, then that means a lot more work for the servers. That means higher management costs. That means it costs more per month for us as users.

You can always go for a self-hosted solutions instead and manage your own PHP limits?
                  Or probably look for another product as I'm not that pro with these stuffs ...

Comment

To be honest, I'd be surprised if you find any other hosted product that allows file uploads of that size. If you do they will more than likely be extremely expensive. I have my own server where I host a handful of websites (including a couple of forums) and even I wouldn't allow file uploads of that size in my PHP settings because it could affect the performance of the server for everyone on it.

Comment

Originally posted by [BLD] View Post

I see but thats a real problem for me and my project with that's moslty based on that feature.
                      I mean, what is the point with this "attachment" if I can't even upload higher file size?
                      and plus I didn't bought your plan to use any external cloud to share files with my users....

I feel very diseappointed now because I was completely satisfied with your product.
                      I am sorry you feel that way. We have to maintain a level of service across 100s of sites in the Cloud System. This is one of the ways we do so.

The only alternative that I can offer at this time is the downloadable version of vBulletin on a VPS installation. Then you can control the size and allow larger uploads such as this.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X