Location field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location field

Just a quick question. Wondering if a 'Location' field by the member avatar has been added to any of the updates? I know it was discussed a while ago.

We have a location patch now, just wondering if it is part of the software now and I missed it. I don't see it in the VB forum here, so I assume still a no unless it's an on/off feature now.

Originally posted by Flash04jv View Post
    Just a quick question. Wondering if a 'Location' field by the member avatar has been added to any of the updates? I know it was discussed a while ago.

We have a location patch now, just wondering if it is part of the software now and I missed it. I don't see it in the VB forum here, so I assume still a no unless it's an on/off feature now.
    Glenn has a mod for this. You can create additional profile fields and then display them in the postbit information: https://vbmods.rocks/forum/vbulletin...lds-in-postbit

Enjoy,
    William

Comment

• Flash04jv
      Flash04jv commented
      Editing a comment
      I have this, it works fine mostly. Some members notice it doesn't always load. Just wondering if I missed it being added to the actual cloud software.

• Glenn Vergara
      Glenn Vergara commented
      Editing a comment
      This is not available in vBCloud.

• Flash04jv
      Flash04jv commented
      Editing a comment
      To add, the Location patch we have, was not working for a member that was using Explorer, it works fine for him using Chrome. It's a must have item for our forum, members have even pointed out to other members to update their location. Help the conversation immensely.

Won't work on Cloud I'm afraid.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
      Won't work on Cloud I'm afraid.
      Any chance it may be a Cloud feature some day? Or is it not in the works? Just curious is all, so I know.

Comment

I would like to have this feature as well. Count me in!

Comment

I couldn't find an entry in the tracker for this, so I created one:
          http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-17082

It might get closed as a duplicate, but either it or the duplicate will need votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
            I couldn't find an entry in the tracker for this, so I created one:
            http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-17082

It might get closed as a duplicate, but either it or the duplicate will need votes.
            That's for Last Visitors not for postbit which is this thread is for.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara View Post

That's for Last Visitors not for postbit which is this thread is for.
              Yep you're right...I have no idea why I put that in here. Was meant for another thread.

Comment

I've created a JIRA for the ability to show custom fields in the Userinfo section of posts here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-14341. This was done specifically with vB Cloud in mind. So if you would like this implemented, please go vote for it.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks for posting this, Wayne. Looks like I had already voted. Thanks for the info all.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X