Event issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event issue

Below is my event setup. You can see the dates listed. Click image for larger version  Name:	ev1.jpg Views:	1 Size:	134.6 KB ID:	4365638

Below, This event disappears after about 12 hours. I have to go back and adjust the start date and time to the current date and time for it to reappear. Is this normal? Shouldn't the event continue to be listed until the end date and time?

Shouldn't it also list the dates for the whole event like Mar 2-5? Instead of the opening day only?

Click image for larger version  Name:	ev2.jpg Views:	1 Size:	106.6 KB ID:	4365639

This is the default code in the module.

{"type":["vBForum_Event"],"eventstartdate":"future","sort":{"eventstartdate":"ASC"},"view":"event","exclude_type ":["vBForum_PrivateMessage"]}
    Last edited by montana rover; Fri 3 Mar '17, 5:38am.

Any answers??? Please.

Comment

I know you have seen this... LOL does anybody have a comment on it? Is it a bug, or is this normal?

Comment

We'll have to look into the issue on your site. Do you have other multi-day events? Can you link to them?
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

That's the only one.

Comment

In the upcoming events module, only the beginning date will be shown. It is an aesthetic choice. Users that want more information can travel to the event topic and get all the information.

The second image that you added has a broken image attachment. I am not sure why it is broken and it would have to be re-added. You would want to remove the first line to clear up the code in your event. It shouldn't disappear from the upcoming events module, though. I can't see anything else wrong with it. When it disappears, can you leave it that way for a while and update this topic? Then we can look at the database to see if something broke.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Ok I made a test event from mar 9-13.

If I change the start date from mar 9 to the 8th-13 the event disappears. The event should stay up till the 13th, right? It would be nice if it would show the whole date range for the event the 9th-13. Not just the opening date, because members would think that the event is over and not click on the link.

Comment

It will only show in the Upcoming Events module until the event starts. If the start time is past, it won't show in that module. 5.3.0 will add a calendar page which gives a better overview of events.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment