User title in their profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User title in their profile

In a members profile you have their custom title and 3 drop down options, No, Yes user set and Yes admin set.

The default is set as no. Is there a way to change that default to the other choices. I looked but didn't find it.

What is the difference between NO and YES admin set?

The issue I have is when a member reaches a certain number of posts their title should reflect the level name, also when I move them into a different usergroup the name does not change. I have to go to the maintenance section and force a reload of user titles. Isn't some of this automatically done?

It should change based on how it is set.

The "Admin Set" allows HTML and can only be set in the AdminCP. The others do not allow HTML.

The issue I have is when a member reaches a certain number of posts their title should reflect the level name, also when I move them into a different usergroup the name does not change. I have to go to the maintenance section and force a reload of user titles. Isn't some of this automatically done?
    This is unrelated to custom user titles. Which the other questions refer to. You can set User Titles under User Titles in the left column. These should take into account the number of posts they make. If you edit your usergroups under Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager and set a Title, that will take precedence and the User Titles will not be used.

If users set a Custom Title, the User Titles don't have any effect. If you want to use both User Titles and Custom Titles, you need to set your titles up as User Ranks. You can apply multiple ranks to a user via posting, reputation, and so forth.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I now understand that custom titles take precedence over user titles. Titles still don't change automatically when usergroup manager titles are empty.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X