Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't view text when returning to comment box?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't view text when returning to comment box?

If I begin typing a comment, and then switch windows on my phone to look up something, then return to finish my comment, the characters I type in won't show.

As I click the keypad on my phone, it is just blank, my auto suggestions pop up, so it is writing, but I can't see the letters.

To fix it, I copy the text, and reload the page, then paste. Or click the Restore option above the comment box, which doesn't always work to 100% of the previous text.

Is this a bug? It happened on my old phone, I just got a brand new Droid Turbo 2 at Verizon this week, and it still does it using Google Chrome.

​​​​​​​I just now recreated the issue on VB Forum too. Opened a new window, came back, can't see new text until I reload the page.

I think I once experienced this issue too. I thought it was just my phone so I just ignored it.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

It does it every time. I had thought it could be my phone before, but not anymore. I can re-create it at will. Unless it's an Android thing?

Comment

Can't replicate in iOS, don't have an Android device to hand to test though.

Might be worth logging it as a potential bug so it can be properly tested.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X