Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VB cloud how to change background image of your forum

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • VB cloud how to change background image of your forum

    Hi Vbulletin,

    I wanted to know if theres a way i could change the white color of my page and add and image instead.I cant find an option in the Admin control that
    offers that i might have over looked it or its hidden within other options i can't seem to find it.
    #SelfCare #Fitness #Food Resurgelife.com

  • #2
    Hi there. I just had the same issue.

    What you do is go to the Style Variables Editor and search "body_background"

    Then to add the image, in the "Background" tab, enter the code:

    url(YOUR LINK HERE)

    Be sure to add the url

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks for the response, unfortunately it doesn't work, however you did help me change the color of the forum. ^_^
      #SelfCare #Fitness #Food Resurgelife.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Nintenex View Post
        Thanks for the response, unfortunately it doesn't work, however you did help me change the color of the forum. ^_^
        It *does* work, however for us to be able to help we need to know full details.

        What is the exact code you are putting in, and which stylevar are you putting it into please?
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

        TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

          It *does* work, however for us to be able to help we need to know full details.

          What is the exact code you are putting in, and which stylevar are you putting it into please?
          I put the image url into the first one, and i uploaded the image to Vbcloud File manger
          #SelfCare #Fitness #Food Resurgelife.com

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Nintenex View Post

            I put the image url into the first one, and i uploaded the image to Vbcloud File manger
            Needs to be the other way round...you need to upload your image into the file manager, then copy the URL it gives you.

            When you've done this, please post back with the entire piece of code you have put into the stylevar.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

            TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

              Needs to be the other way round...you need to upload your image into the file manager, then copy the URL it gives you.

              When you've done this, please post back with the entire piece of code you have put into the stylevar.
              Mark, after uploading the image to the file manager this is the code I received core/css/0/0/1/7/9/6//images/halloween-bats-horror-scary-red-night-header.jpg does this code look correct and does it get uploaded to Style Manager>Global>body_backgrund>upload image?

              Comment


              • #8
                Once you have uploaded the image to your vBCloud File Manager and received the URL, then you can add it to a background by editing the proper style variable. In the case of this thread it would be the header_background image. Go to the AdminCP and select Styles -> Style Manager.

                Find the style you want to change and choose "Style Variable Editor" off the Choose Action... menu.

                Scroll down to the Header group and find header_background. Click on it and its options will appear in the right part of the screen.

                One of the options is Background Image. You're editing that one. You will add your URL between the double quotes so it looks like url("/your/url/here/someimage.ext")

                Save at the bottom and click on Site Home Page at the top of the AdminCP to see the changes.

                You'll need to repeat this for every style you want to change.
                Translations provided by Google.

                Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Ill see if this works wayn when i did it before it didn't work at all.
                  #SelfCare #Fitness #Food Resurgelife.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Works here: https://forums.rabidbadger.io/index.php

                    Translations provided by Google.

                    Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                      Works on Joe's site too:
                      https://sedona.vbulletin.net/
                      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                      TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
                      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                        Once you have uploaded the image to your vBCloud File Manager and received the URL, then you can add it to a background by editing the proper style variable. In the case of this thread it would be the header_background image. Go to the AdminCP and select Styles -> Style Manager.

                        Find the style you want to change and choose "Style Variable Editor" off the Choose Action... menu.

                        Scroll down to the Header group and find header_background. Click on it and its options will appear in the right part of the screen.

                        One of the options is Background Image. You're editing that one. You will add your URL between the double quotes so it looks like url("/your/url/here/someimage.ext")

                        Save at the bottom and click on Site Home Page at the top of the AdminCP to see the changes.

                        You'll need to repeat this for every style you want to change.
                        Wayne, I followed your instructions and added what you see underlined here https://pmf.vbulletin.net/core/css/0...ght-header.jpg to the header_background of the Pink Style and clicked save but, nothing changed. Did I leave something out? Since it failed to work I cleared the URL out and will try again once you get back to me.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dale D-FL View Post

                          Wayne, I followed your instructions and added what you see underlined here https://pmf.vbulletin.net/core/css/0...ght-header.jpg to the header_background of the Pink Style and clicked save but, nothing changed. Did I leave something out? Since it failed to work I cleared the URL out and will try again once you get back to me.
                          Needs to be:

                          Code:
                          url(https://pmf.vbulletin.net/core/css/0/0/1/7/9/6//images/halloween-bats-horror-scary-red-night-header.jpg)
                          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                          TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
                          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

                            Needs to be:

                            Code:
                            url(https://pmf.vbulletin.net/core/css/0/0/1/7/9/6//images/halloween-bats-horror-scary-red-night-header.jpg)
                            Mark, thank you for the input. I did it as you said and it worked like a champ. You support folks are the best.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Glad you got it sorted.
                              MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

                              TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.4 Demo
                              AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X