Domain Issue Need VB Nameservers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domain Issue Need VB Nameservers

Okay so heres the problem, My forum protocol http://www.myforum.com works fine but http://myforum.com doesnt work. I think i know what the problem is but before i can fix it i need the nameservers for Vbulletin www. is directing to my forum but it wont redirect without www. unless i have the nameservers

After doing some research i think these > NS1.DVPNE.COM NS2.DVPNE.COM are the correct name servers im suppose to use for dreamhost?

Comment

those are the servers that vbulletin.com uses what name server do i use to connect with Vbulletin?

Comment

I found this helpful link here in this topic, i dont know what happen http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...mmon-questions

So vcloud doesnt support domain without www? So if someone types my forum address into the bar without the www they will be redirected to a blank page? doesn't this cut the amount of traffic you could possibly be getting?

When on browsers like chrome and firefox it redirects to the www just fine but Internet explorer and analytic websites counts it as a broken link, im confused can someone shed some light on this subject.

Comment

You do not use vBulletin name servers to point your domain at your Cloud instance. You need to use a CNAME record. Instructions for this were sent by email when you signed up, but if you need them again, please send us a support ticket.

CNAME records require a three part domain name, so if you use www.domain.com then you will need to arrange for the non-www variant to be directed. Your domain provider can usually do this.
          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
            You do not use vBulletin name servers to point your domain at your Cloud instance. You need to use a CNAME record. Instructions for this were sent by email when you signed up, but if you need them again, please send us a support ticket.

CNAME records require a three part domain name, so if you use www.domain.com then you will need to arrange for the non-www variant to be directed. Your domain provider can usually do this.
            I set it up to point to my website already. Dreamhost still wants nameservers my last free forum i used required it and the custom CNAME was ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by Nintenex View Post

I set it up to point to my website already. Dreamhost still wants nameservers my last free forum i used required it and the custom CNAME was ignored.
              Our Cloud platform does not use nameservers, you need a CNAME record.

CNAME records are not ignored, they are an integral part of the same DNS system that the entire internet functions on.

Details on setting up a CNAME are here:
              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/node/4014725

Setting up a CNAME record on Dreamhost:

Click the DNS link under the domain name on the (Panel > ‘Domains’ > ‘Manage Domains’) page.

Enter the following:
              Name: Put the first part of the URL you want your forum to be at. So for 'forum.mydomain.com' you would enter 'forum' (without quotes).
              Type: In the drop-down menu select ‘CNAME’.
              Value: Enter the subdomain assigned to your forum. This would look something like: a2398af32123.vbulletin.net (This will be in your welcome email, if you don't have it please email [email protected])
              Click the Add Record Now! button to save.

After clicking the Add Record Now! button, the propagation for the new record begins. This can take up to 6 hours before the new records update online.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post

Our Cloud platform does not use nameservers, you need a CNAME record.

CNAME records are not ignored, they are an integral part of the same DNS system that the entire internet functions on.

Details on setting up a CNAME are here:
                http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/node/4014725

Setting up a CNAME record on Dreamhost:

Click the DNS link under the domain name on the (Panel > ‘Domains’ > ‘Manage Domains’) page.

Enter the following:
                Name: Put the first part of the URL you want your forum to be at. So for 'forum.mydomain.com' you would enter 'forum' (without quotes).
                Type: In the drop-down menu select ‘CNAME’.
                Value: Enter the subdomain assigned to your forum. This would look something like: a2398af32123.vbulletin.net (This will be in your welcome email, if you don't have it please email [email protected])
                Click the Add Record Now! button to save.

After clicking the Add Record Now! button, the propagation for the new record begins. This can take up to 6 hours before the new records update online.

I already had this set up but the problem is this http://nintenex.com/ wont redirect to www. it just shows the error page. which is why i think it needs nameservers to vbulletin.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VbulletinNameservers.png
Views:	45
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	4357080

my nameservers that are pointing are here v

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	38
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	4357081

Comment

No, it absolutely 100% definitely does not need nameservers. vBulletin's nameservers will not work, so there's no point in keeping trying to go down that road.

Your CNAME seems to be working fine now, so all you need to do is get the non-www redirected. Dreamhost should be able to assist you with this, or they may be an option in their control panel.

Comment

Dreamhost themselves had to go in and make changes so it could work. Its now fixed they told me i needed an "A" record to direct to my forum.

Thanks for helping.

Comment

Originally posted by Nintenex View Post
                      Dreamhost themselves had to go in and make changes so it could work. Its now fixed they told me i needed an "A" record to direct to my forum.

Thanks for helping.
                      Great, glad you got it sorted.

Comment