Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to find complete list of Phrase Variables?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find complete list of Phrase Variables?

Hello,
    I'm looking for the complete list of the phrase variables, and documentation on how to implement them with examples, so we may customize our templates. I haven't found a document showing this, if anyone can provide a link?

Thank you

The complete list can be found in AdminCP > Phrase Manager. But there's no documentation on how to implement them as far as I know. But generally if a phrase has placeholders (e.g. {1}, {2}, {3}...etc), then these will be replaced with appropriate values dynamically. For example, this is the text for the welcome email phrase for newly registered users.

Code:
    Dear {1},

Thanks for registering at {2}! We are glad you have chosen to be a part of our community and we hope you enjoy your stay.

All the best,
    {2}
    Where {1} = username and {2] = your forum name.

You could customize it by putting this in the Translation field.

Code:
    Hi,

Thank you for signing up at our forum named, {2}.
    This is your username: {1}
    Use it to log in to our forum.

Regards,
    Administrator

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

Thank you Glenn, I am familiar with the templates, but so far have not found a reference to what variables ( {1}, {2}, {3} ) are available and what is stored in each variable. By looking at the existing templates I can make an educated guess based on what has been used - however, it would be so much easier if I had a list of supported variables and how to reference them.

Comment

We do not have such a list at this time. I don't even know how such a list would be compiled. The tokens, e.g. {1}, {2}, and {3}, would be different in every Phrase (these aren't templates) and could have different sources depending on where and how the phrase is called from the system in general.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

• B007
          B007 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Wayne,
          Thank you. Maybe I am asking the wrong question. We want to edit the various email messages (or other phrases), such as newuser_ gemailbody, and we would like to insert variables such as user name, etc., where may I find information on what data/fields are available and how to implement them in the newuser_ gemailbody?

• Wayne Luke
          Wayne Luke commented
          Editing a comment
          You cannot insert additional variables within the phrases. What is provided is all that will be parsed by the system.

Some variables are obvious while some are not. I recommend looking at the phrase in the Phrase Manager and at the actual email messages sent. Then compare the two and you would know which information maps to its corresponding variable.

GIPHY for vB5 AutoLinker Auto-Create Flag Report Topic Social Icons in Postbit Clear Cache Cron DragDrop Upload Topic AJAX AutoUpdate Custom Avatars Selector Stop Links in Posts...and more!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X